Hello all!

Discuss anything not related to comics here and if you are new to these boards, introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Sweeny Toddler

Hello all!

Post by Sweeny Toddler »

Hi,

Have you ever woken up one day thinking about really strange things. A while ago I woke up in a bad mood because the clues on 321 were just too difficult and nobody was ever going to win the car unless it was by luck. Then another day I woke up thinking the Dundee United title winning team of the mid eighties really were amazing and then one day I woke up laughing at how Winker Watson got away early for the holidays by building a pretend bomb and sticking it to the side of the school...and that's what got me back into comics, well annuals at the moment.

My first comic I ever had delivered was the Dandy (I think) before moving over to Whoopee! hence the name. A while later I changed to Whizzer and Chips before moving onto Nutty when I was a bit older. Then I moved onto the football comics reading Roy of the Rovers and then finishing on Champ. I also read The Beano, Topper and The Beezer (Numbskulls rock!!)

I've just been bidding on some annuals on ebay this weekend Cor! was one of my favourite annuals although I don't remember it as a comic. As you can tell I prefer the humour comics and I think I have a preference for the IPC fleetway ones rather than DC Thomson although I did love Champ and Nutty.

Anyway that's me, glad to be aboard! :cheers:
PS aarrgghh anyone spot the deliberate mistake in my name!!

dandy mad

Re: Hello all!

Post by dandy mad »

Hello and welcome!

felneymike
Fence Sitter

Post by felneymike »

After a certian Viz controversy (itself probably 30 years old, though), I can't see that Winker Watson strip being reprinted!

Sweeny Toddler

Post by Sweeny Toddler »

felneymike wrote:After a certian Viz controversy (itself probably 30 years old, though), I can't see that Winker Watson strip being reprinted!
Ha ha yeah that kind of put the mockers on that!

ISPYSHHHGUY

Post by ISPYSHHHGUY »

Greetings, young Sweeny!

We trust that your your time in this phine phorum will be most satisfactory.......

JT Mirana

Post by JT Mirana »

Welcome, Sweeny!

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

Its obvious from your name that you watched the exploits of Regan and Carter as a three year old. :)

Sweeny Toddler

Post by Sweeny Toddler »

Cheers for the welcome guys :cheers:

Although I was more of a Professionals Kid than a Sweeney Toddler :lol:

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

I can still remember walking along the street at Dockhead in Bermondsey in the seventies and a young lad asked me if i was Bodie.

Sweeny Toddler

Post by Sweeny Toddler »

ISPYSHHHGUY wrote:Greetings, young Sweeny!

We trust that your your time in this phine phorum will be most satisfactory.......
Heh heh, I hope so but I'm not in the same league as many on here, looking forward to learning a lot though.

@stevezodiac excellent, you should have said "Get down we're being watched" then run very quickly through a pile of cardboard boxes :D

George Shiers

Post by George Shiers »

Welcome! :D I like the name - Sweeny was a great character!
Visit my blog all about British comics old and new! http://www.whackycomics.blogspot.com

Sweeny Toddler

Post by Sweeny Toddler »

George Shiers wrote:Welcome! :D I like the name - Sweeny was a great character!
Thanks George, Whoopee was one of the first comics I ever remember reading and Sweeny Todd was always my favourite. I didn't realise he had been in other comics beforehand, so I'm learning lots on here already.

Sorry me's learning lots on here already :D