comic book store in cornwall uk

Discuss anything not related to comics here and if you are new to these boards, introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

alanm616

comic book store in cornwall uk

Post by alanm616 »

hi guys my name is alan malcolm i am a huge comic book fan i have collected comics for over 20 years. i had a idea recently living in st.ives,cornwall there is only 1 comic book store in cornwall miles away in st.austell. so i thought maybe i should open a comic book store closer in penzance specifically. i am currently putting together a business plan to go to the bank with, i aim to sell modern and old comics including graphic novels and merchandise figures etc. how would the community feel about this?
I would appreciate if you could like my facebook page www.facebook.com/Evolutionscomics. Or if you would like to help in my market research i have a questionnaire made if you would like to fill it in i would appreciate it a lot http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/7XFWZYZ

Thank you for your time
Alan

r3tr0_gam3r

Re: comic book store in cornwall uk

Post by r3tr0_gam3r »

I would love this, just another thing to add to my list of reasons why I love Cornwall! :lol: But since I am hoping to go back down there again sometime in the near future, I would come and pay a visit. Good luck to you with this and I'll have a look at that questionnaire :D

starscape

Post by starscape »

There was Kernow Komix in Truro but that has closed. I know the owner struggled to attract enough income from the move from market to shop, including all the rates and taxes shops have to cope with. Food for thought.
STARSCAPE Comic
http://facebook.com/Starscape-Comic-108831387707862/
comics, cartoons, music & movies

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Yes, a market stall might well be the best way to get the business up and running. There is a record shop in the Pannier Market in Truro that seems to do very good business, not too surprising though as Truro is the main shopping centre for that part of Cornwall. Penzance is a popular enough place, but apart from the shops in the passageway from Warrens down towards the escalators for access to the main car park, it is really only two roads, the main one with Wetherspoons near the top of the hill, and a traffic-free road starting near Burtons with quite a few charity shops and an antique shop or two. If you follow the main road to the left past Wetherspoons there is a decent secondhand bookshop on the right, but the antique centre on the left seems to be constantly closing down. Truro might be a better bet for a comics business, but a more important issue is that rents might be quite a bit cheaper in Penzance.

P.S. I've done your questionnaire.