poundshop

Discuss anything not related to comics here and if you are new to these boards, introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

abacus

poundshop

Post by abacus »

An idea occured to me that some poundshops could bring out a comic which included comic strips for all members of the family, plus the odd advert.Stores in the past have created their own comics.failing that I, m sure they could buy up comics similar to THE WORKs and sell them I think it would make visiting them more interesting.

Raven

Re: poundshop

Post by Raven »

abacus wrote:An idea occured to me that some poundshops could bring out a comic which included comic strips for all members of the family, plus the odd advert.Stores in the past have created their own comics.
Poundshops would presumably have to commission an outside supplier to produce the comic for them. These shops work by buying in goods extremely cheaply and selling in huge quantities - it would be hard to produce and supply a comic extremely cheaply, and it may not sell in huge quantities. Tesco had its own comic for the very young decades ago, but each strip was based on a product sold ('Shreddie Boy', 'Captain Birdseye's Island', 'Fab and Zoom, the Lyons Maid Twins', etc.) so may have had joint sponsorship from all the food companies, but it's hard to see something like that selling now.