Racist Daily Mail

Discuss anything not related to comics here and if you are new to these boards, introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

stevezodiac

Re: Racist Daily Mail

Post by stevezodiac »

I work for the Met Police so am used to sharing lifts etc with armed coppers. Being a wild west fan I love the colt 45 peacemaker and was happy to see an episode of star trek this week where kirk and his comrades were sent to Tombstone to fight Wyatt Earp and his brothers and Doc Holiday. In one scene Earp was shown with his Buntline special - a colt revolver with a 12 inch barrel. My dad bought me a twin pair of them for me in the sixties with a double gun belt. I wish I still had them. Toy ones of course but they looked normal sized.

Raven

Post by Raven »

stevezodiac wrote:Currently the Daily Mail is running an expose on unseemly shenanigans within the tory party so it is not completely one sided.
I haven't seen that story but with the Mail you usually have to take their agenda into account. For example, they ran a lot of anti-Cameron stuff when they serialised the 'Call Me Dave' biography, but that wasn't in the interests of fairness and balance. It was, I understand, because the editor wants Cameron ousted for not being right wing enough, because he wants a PM who'll be tougher on issues like immigration.

AndyB
Throgmorton

Post by AndyB »

And presumably being what he thinks is a "Christian" country with proper "Christian" values, which isn't actually very Christian.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

I noticed today's Sun had Cameron mocked up as Captain Mainwaring so perhaps my suggestion planted a seed.
Attachments
sun 3.2.16.jpg
(10.84 KiB) Not downloaded yet