greetings from sunny france

Discuss anything not related to comics here and if you are new to these boards, introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

fylde coast comics

greetings from sunny france

Post by fylde coast comics »

hello fellow humans and comics lovers,my name is steve but my friends call me slocko and my wife calls me as often as she can.I am desperately clinging on to my 40's and have noticed that somewhere along the line i got older than aunt may. I have been exiled to france these last 13 years but have decided enough is enough and am bringing my beloved comic collection and my aforementioned wife back to the UK.
I have been a lover of all things comic related since reading my dads dandy annuals from the 1940's and will read whatever comes to hand. Always looking for new things to read so happy to take on board any titles you good folks have to offer. Big fan of kickstarter and have backed a few projects on that as indie is king. Have written a comic series and am just waiting for my artist to get his wotnot in gear so i can be famous like kash kardimian.As agnetha once said "i have a dream" and so do i (although i have never said "dum dum diddle",apart from just then to emphasise that i hadn't said it) but i digress,as i often do,i find myself wandering off on a tangent rather than getting to the point,so please forgive me if i seem to have lost my way,it happens to the best of us,and has done since time immoral,immemorual,immamorul,well for ages. I look forward to chatting and i have my pile of tuppenybits ready to insert. Please be gentle with me i haven't posted before,a bientot mes amis

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Re: greetings from sunny france

Post by colcool007 »

Welcome to the House of Fun Steve. You'll find that most of us don't bite!
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

ISPYSHHHGUY

Post by ISPYSHHHGUY »

Bonjour I'm sure!

comixminx

Post by comixminx »

Bonjour from me too! Welcome to the madhouse. Did you get into reading any French comics or going to any French comics events while you have been over there?
jintycomic.wordpress.com/ Excellent and weird stories from the past - with amazing art to boot.

alanultron5

Post by alanultron5 »

Sunny France been getting very British weather last few days! Welcome! :)
A Face unclouded by thought.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Interesting! No response to any member's welcome since his overtures on 1 June. Perhaps Steve's understanding of the word bientot differs from mine.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

fylde coast comics wrote:I have been exiled to france these last 13 years but have decided enough is enough and am bringing my beloved comic collection and my aforementioned wife back to the UK.
Four welcomes and two months later and still no response. He's probably had second thoughts and stayed in France now that his aunt may is our Prime Minister. :) He may be thinking that on balance it would be best not to risk it.