Hello

Discuss anything not related to comics here and if you are new to these boards, introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Blake Edmonds

Hello

Post by Blake Edmonds »

Hi from New Zealand.
I used to get Tiger & Scorcher (as it was at the time) and Roy Of The Rovers from 1978 (and Speed about halfway through its run) until around mid-85 (my sister thought I was getting too old for them so cancelled the order from the magazine shop when she picked up our mags one week :headbash: Right at the time Tommy's Troubles was going to return to Roy the following issue, which was a favourite of mine). Recently had a tidyup and found my boxes of comics and my interest is somewhat rekindled (could be bad for the wallet!).

ISPYSHHHGUY

Re: Hello

Post by ISPYSHHHGUY »

Hiya Blake.

Get stuck into the site, cobber!

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

Welcome Blake!

Finding an old Roy of the Rovers comic was what got me back into comics again. I moved house in 2000 and was nearer my mother so she gave me two boxes of my old childhood comics that she'd had in the loft for 20 odd years. RotR #1 was the first one out of the box so I read it there and then. Most of the rest were Marvel comics which I read through over the next few months. I was hooked again by then!

blaing

Post by blaing »

Welcome, from across the pond :wave:

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

blaing wrote:Welcome, from across the pond
That's a very interesting usage of 'pond', Bruce. When we Brits use it we are always referring to America, never, in my experience at least, to Australia.

Blake Edmonds

Post by Blake Edmonds »

We usually say "across the ditch" when referring to Australia :wink:

Real fond memories coming home from school on Monday when the new comics were out, straight to my bedroom with a cream bun and right into Billy's Boots and Tommy's Troubles. 8)