Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
STRIP Magazine in UK comic shops 2nd November 

Talking of which, I haven't received my copy through the post yet (subscription). I wonder if I will get it by Saturday?

Loving comics since 1969 including: Action, Battle-Action, Captain Britain, Champ, CLiNT, Cor!!, Cracker, The Crunch, The Dandy, Doctor Who Comic, Eagle, Eagle, Hotspur, Hurricane, Jet, Lion, The Magic Comic, Red Dagger, Revolver, Scream!, Smash!, Spike, Starblazer, Starlord, Strip, Thunder, Valiant, Vulcan and Warrior.

Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:05 am
Profile YIM
Mr Valeera

Bought my copy via Forbidden Planet and I am still waiting as well. :cry:

Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:58 am
Profile WWW

Just search for issue 2 on the Forbidden Planet website, and its not coming up.

Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:20 pm

I couldn't find it either. Hopefully will get it through the post in the next few days.

Loving comics since 1969 including: Action, Battle-Action, Captain Britain, Champ, CLiNT, Cor!!, Cracker, The Crunch, The Dandy, Doctor Who Comic, Eagle, Eagle, Hotspur, Hurricane, Jet, Lion, The Magic Comic, Red Dagger, Revolver, Scream!, Smash!, Spike, Starblazer, Starlord, Strip, Thunder, Valiant, Vulcan and Warrior.

Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:44 am
Profile YIM
Fence Sitter

The Strip Magazine facebook reports that information about issue 2 will be coming in a few days... they need a better distributor! The Iron Moon got delayed for ages too.

Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:53 pm
Profile WWW

Issue 2 was due in shops yesterday & after the 1st issue was delayed as well its not gonna look to good for them trying to establish a new comic.perhaps they should have delayed iss 1 by a few months & tried to sort out a distribution deal with whs & newsagents even though orbidden planet london did sell out of the 1st batch they got in.

Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:16 am

I've just pre-ordered a copy of Strip Magazine #2 via the Forbidden Planet website. FP say they expect to receive their copies on Dec 6.

http://forbiddenplanet.com/?q=strip+magazine+%232

Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:38 pm

Well I haven't received my copy yet via mail order. Will be interesting to see if it comes before the projected 6th December.

Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:47 pm
Profile YIM

A copy of #2 is up in the app store for those that like a digital copy...no distribution problems online...

Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:05 am
Profile WWW

According to the Down The Tubes blog (http://downthetubescomics.blogspot.com/):

"Due to a small but unexpected delivery delay from Bosnia, the print edition will not be on sale until 14th December, for which publishers Print Media Productions have apologized."

Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:45 am

SID found this message on Facebook:
Quote:
Strip Magazine UK : We're very conscious that delays to planned publication dates disappoint readers. Strip is printed in Bosnia and was on time for the announced publication date - but we are finding, despite now working with better couriers, that Customs and other links in the delivery chain still confiund our plans. Right now, we're looking at ways to surmount this, but it will take time to build more delivery schedule allowances into our existing plans. All that said, we're still getting re-orders for #1 , so the actual pub date doesn't seem to matter a jot to some retailers!

- John Freeman

Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:13 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2