Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
STRIP Magazine relaunches next Monday! (April 8th) 

philcom55 wrote:
As a matter of interest, does anyone else remember the first Strip Magazine from the early 1990s?

- Phil Rushton

Yes! I bought the first two issues when I was just a BIT too young for it (11 or 12) and stopped buying out of fear that my parents would find it! Wish it was still around today. And Toxic (the Apocalypse one) too. And Blast.

Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:48 pm

Personally I preferred the original, creator-owned Toxic to 2000AD. A shame it never achieved similar sales figures!

- Phil R.

Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:05 pm

My sub was waiting for me when I came in from work this afternoon.

Loving comics since 1969 including: Action, Battle-Action, Captain Britain, Champ, CLiNT, Cor!!, Cracker, The Crunch, The Dandy, Doctor Who Comic, Eagle, Eagle, Hotspur, Hurricane, Jet, Lion, The Magic Comic, Red Dagger, Revolver, Scream!, Smash!, Spike, Starblazer, Starlord, Strip, Thunder, Valiant, Vulcan and Warrior.

Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:59 pm
Profile YIM

Strip No.2 should be in the shops on May 9th.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Strip-Magazine-UK/107449926009722

Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:10 pm
Profile WWW
Fence Sitter

And they say sub copies ought to be posted inside the UK from now on, meaning they ought to be on time! (Mind you, I did have a Malaysian comic posted to me (after being bought from Malaysia by hand) somewhere closer to where I'm sitting now than to my home, and it's still not arrived!)

Wed May 01, 2013 2:35 pm
Profile WWW

SID wrote:

And, typically, just as that is announced, the distributors email to say they have moved the on sale for this issue to Friday 10th because of the bank holiday... rats!

Wed May 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Profile WWW

johnfreeman96 wrote:
SID wrote:

And, typically, just as that is announced, the distributors email to say they have moved the on sale for this issue to Friday 10th because of the bank holiday... rats!

I've never known a Bank Holiday Monday to affect distribution of publications on the following Thursday. Seems to me they make up the rules as they go along now.

Wed May 01, 2013 6:34 pm
Profile WWW

Lew Stringer wrote:
johnfreeman96 wrote:
SID wrote:

I've never known a Bank Holiday Monday to affect distribution of publications on the following Thursday. Seems to me they make up the rules as they go along now.

Hmm, that sounds fishy. Other than US imports I've never known a bank holiday Monday to delay the release of comics and mags.

Wed May 01, 2013 8:32 pm

PaulTwist wrote:
Lew Stringer wrote:
johnfreeman96 wrote:

Hmm, that sounds fishy. Other than US imports I've never known a bank holiday Monday to delay the release of comics and mags.

I must admit that I have never heard a comic having so many distribution issues. Fingers crossed for Friday week. :xfingers:

Loving comics since 1969 including: Action, Battle-Action, Captain Britain, Champ, CLiNT, Cor!!, Cracker, The Crunch, The Dandy, Doctor Who Comic, Eagle, Eagle, Hotspur, Hurricane, Jet, Lion, The Magic Comic, Red Dagger, Revolver, Scream!, Smash!, Spike, Starblazer, Starlord, Strip, Thunder, Valiant, Vulcan and Warrior.

Wed May 01, 2013 10:07 pm
Profile YIM

Lew Stringer wrote:
johnfreeman96 wrote:
SID wrote:

It's because the magazine would usually be delivered to the distribution warehouse on the previous Monday, but of course it will be closed. So the distributors say this has to be taken into account with this issue, deliveries shifting forward one day.

Thu May 02, 2013 5:15 pm
Profile WWW

One day's delay isn't going to kill us. The comic is worth waiting for.

Fri May 03, 2013 5:29 pm
Profile YIM

Strip should be in the shops tomorrow. I will be checking/getting. :)

Thu May 09, 2013 11:06 pm
Profile YIM

SID wrote:
Strip should be in the shops tomorrow. I will be checking/getting. :)

For those who enjoy digital comics, STRIP #2 is already available for iPad: https://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=643005943&mt=8

Fri May 10, 2013 7:04 am
Profile WWW

Is it in the shops, anybody got a copy yet?

Fri May 10, 2013 5:16 pm

Not in WHS Falkirk or Stirling today and, worryingly, there are quite a few copies of #1 still on the shelves of both outlets. I'll have a look in Edinburgh tomorrow.

Fri May 10, 2013 5:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next