Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Strip 2.2 in newsagents from tomorrow... 

...*holds breath*:

http://stripcomicmagazineuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:00 pm

Does anybody know why there's no King Cobra strip in issue two? (assuming it materializes).

- Phil R.

Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:20 pm

Issue #2 arrived in my village shop this morning. Bit disappointed by the lack of King Cobra, but it's good to see it all the same.

Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:37 pm
Profile WWW

That's brilliant news that Strip 2 is in the shops. I'm going to Dingwall tomorrow so I will see if I can pick a copy. Failing that, there should be a copy waiting for me on the doormat when I come back from my hols.

Loving comics since 1969 including: Action, Battle-Action, Captain Britain, Champ, CLiNT, Cor!!, Cracker, The Crunch, The Dandy, Doctor Who Comic, Eagle, Eagle, Hotspur, Hurricane, Jet, Lion, The Magic Comic, Red Dagger, Revolver, Scream!, Smash!, Spike, Starblazer, Starlord, Strip, Thunder, Valiant, Vulcan and Warrior.

Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:11 pm
Profile YIM

Went to Inverness instead but there was no Strip in the WHSmiths nor had the staff heard of it. Saw the latest 2000AD, Judge Dredd Megazine, Commando and The Incredible Hulks though.

Going back sometime next week and I will have another check since the Strip website lists Inverness WHSmiths as one of the stockists.

Loving comics since 1969 including: Action, Battle-Action, Captain Britain, Champ, CLiNT, Cor!!, Cracker, The Crunch, The Dandy, Doctor Who Comic, Eagle, Eagle, Hotspur, Hurricane, Jet, Lion, The Magic Comic, Red Dagger, Revolver, Scream!, Smash!, Spike, Starblazer, Starlord, Strip, Thunder, Valiant, Vulcan and Warrior.

Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:59 pm
Profile YIM

Still no Strip in Inverness Smiths when I went yesterday so I'll have to wait until I get home for my subscription.

Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:55 am
Profile YIM
Fence Sitter

Aaaapparently all the places it's been delivered to will have it out today. Not going to risk £2.80 on the park and ride, mind you.

I assume the lack of King Cobra was down to, heh, there not being enough time to finish it! (well apparently these issues were printed in time for their original 8th of Feb release date).

Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:05 pm
Profile WWW

No copies in WH Smith in Perth today

Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:06 pm

Has anyone received their subscription?

Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:46 pm
Profile YIM

With no sub coming through the post, I got a copy from WHSmiths in Bromley.

It was a great read even without King Cobra.

Surely it is getting to the point that unless the distribution issues are resolved and Strip starts coming out on a regular basis, the comic is doomed? I hope this won't be the case but with the track record so far, 2.3 will come out sometime next year.

Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:54 pm
Profile YIM

SID wrote:
With no sub coming through the post, I got a copy from WHSmiths in Bromley.

It was a great read even without King Cobra.

Surely it is getting to the point that unless the distribution issues are resolved and Strip starts coming out on a regular basis, the comic is doomed? I hope this won't be the case but with the track record so far, 2.3 will come out sometime next year.

I don't think anyone has received their subscription and there is only silence on Strips facebook page on the issue. That doesn't bode well for the magazine and tbh I am beginning to doubt whether the subs will ever materialise given the time lag now involved.

Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:25 am

Prodigal wrote:
I don't think anyone has received their subscription and there is only silence on Strips facebook page on the issue. That doesn't bode well for the magazine and tbh I am beginning to doubt whether the subs will ever materialise given the time lag now involved.

Agreed.

Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:32 pm
Profile YIM

Hello,
I'm a suscriber since issue 2, I still havn't received issues 2.1 and 2.2 !
And I thought only foreign subscribers were poorly treated...

Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:08 pm
Profile WWW

Admittedly albeit sometimes slow, I have managed to receive all my subs except for 2.2. I still haven't got that one yet.

Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:39 pm
Profile YIM

SID wrote:
Admittedly albeit sometimes slow, I have managed to receive all my subs except for 2.2. I still haven't got that one yet.

Facebook still silent on the subs. The longer it goes on the lower my expectation of it ever arriving tbh.

Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:53 am
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next