Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Is Strip no more? 

Usually there is some sort of word, some murmurings, some sign of activity. But there's been nothing since last September.

Has Strip bailed out for the final time? :(

Loving comics since 1969 including: Action, Battle-Action, Captain Britain, Champ, CLiNT, Cor!!, Cracker, The Crunch, The Dandy, Doctor Who Comic, Eagle, Eagle, Hotspur, Hurricane, Jet, Lion, The Magic Comic, Red Dagger, Revolver, Scream!, Smash!, Spike, Starblazer, Starlord, Strip, Thunder, Valiant, Vulcan and Warrior.

Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:18 pm
Profile YIM

SID wrote:
Usually there is some sort of word, some murmurings, some sign of activity. But there's been nothing since last September.

I've heard nothing definite to put on my blog. I know they had distribution delays with the previous paper issues as it's printed in Bosnia, but even the third digital edition hasn't appeared.

One of its stories, Crucible has spun off into a digital comic though, featuring material already seen in Strip plus previously unseen chapters:
http://lewstringer.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/crucible-no1-just-69p.html

Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:41 am
Profile WWW

Lew Stringer wrote:
SID wrote:

I've heard nothing definite to put on my blog. I know they had distribution delays with the previous paper issues as it's printed in Bosnia, but even the third digital edition hasn't appeared.

One of its stories, Crucible has spun off into a digital comic though, featuring material already seen in Strip plus previously unseen chapters:
http://lewstringer.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/crucible-no1-just-69p.html

As posted on the other hand, the future of the title is very much in the hands of the publisher.

Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:45 pm
Profile WWW

Thanks, John.

:xfingers: that things will get finally sorted.

Loving comics since 1969 including: Action, Battle-Action, Captain Britain, Champ, CLiNT, Cor!!, Cracker, The Crunch, The Dandy, Doctor Who Comic, Eagle, Eagle, Hotspur, Hurricane, Jet, Lion, The Magic Comic, Red Dagger, Revolver, Scream!, Smash!, Spike, Starblazer, Starlord, Strip, Thunder, Valiant, Vulcan and Warrior.

Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:04 am
Profile YIM

Does any one have any news on strip yet or is the mag officially dead?

Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:51 pm

big bad bri wrote:
Does any one have any news on strip yet or is the mag officially dead?

It's apparently in "holding" pattern Bri but without any definitive news of a re-launch date.

Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:02 pm

It is definitely make or break this time.

I am happy to wait for a long as necessary but unfortunately it is not enough that it does come out but it has to be regular after that be it monthly, twice a year or even annually.

Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:10 am
Profile YIM

Does anyone have any news yet on Strip relaunch or is it still on hold or dead?

Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:34 pm

Since it's been over a year since we have heard any news I'm assuming the worst.

Sad as it had great potential.

However, if there is ever a comeback vthen I will be one of the first to get it. :)

In the meantime, if there's a gap then there's always alternatives. How about Spaceship Away¿ A great retro comic and the silent saviour of Dan Dare.

Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:19 am
Profile YIM

Spaceships Away is quite a different beast though. Have to admit, although Fifties Eagle looks good, the stories are a little staid for my liking.

comics, cartoons, music & movies

Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:24 am
Profile WWW

starscape wrote:
Spaceships Away is quite a different beast though. Have to admit, although Fifties Eagle looks good, the stories are a little staid for my liking.

Exactly. A retro comic. :)

Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:17 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]