BUSTER LIVES!!

Buster, Whizzer and Chips, Whoopee, Wham, Smash, you name it!

Moderator: AndyB

Old Forum Fella

BUSTER LIVES!!

Post by Old Forum Fella »

Did you know that I picked up issue 2 of Buster on Friday? (brand new edition) It is 52 pages published monthly - full colour US-size published by Egmont and includes a 4-page Busters Dreamworld strip - 8 pages of ROY OF THE ROVERS and 12 pages of HAMISH and MOUSE all in full colour!!! It also has 4 pages of a strip from DC Thomson (I think its Jimmy of City)... BUT...... this was on a business trip to Stockholm and is printed in Swedish....!!!! How can this company treat comics in the UK so shabbily but happily exploit same comics for the Swedish market ? I am about to e-mail them to ask about possibilty of any launches in the UK and would strongly urge any of you other UK comic lovers to do the same... A monthly frequency wouldn't be my favourite but it really would be nice to have SOMETHING aimed at the post-Beano pre-2000ad market in this country...

Originally posted by Anonymous on the old forum on 09/04/2003

Old Forum Fella

BUSTER LIVES!!

HI,SPENCER, I'VE DEALT CLOSELY WITH IPC/EGMONT/FLEETWAY SINCE...1984! THEY SAY THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO MARKET FOR SUCH COMICSIN THE UK. PURE RUBBISH BUT -BUT- THEY WILL NOT BE MOVED ON THE MATTER - HENCE MY 112PP "LOOKING GLASS" STRIP BEING IN A SORT OF LIMBO!

Originally posted by Terry Hooper on the old forum on 10/04/2003

Old Forum Fella

BUSTER LIVES!!

I think it might be time to have a website with a petition element. Links to the main British comics websites - either shops or site like internationalhero or Comics UK - should bring in a healthy response (I hope). (In the best British comics tradition) what do other readers think?

Chris
http://www.superherostore.co.uk

Originally posted by Superherostore.co.uk on the old forum on 12/04/2003

Old Forum Fella

BUSTER LIVES!!

How on earth can there be a market for UK comics in Sweden but not in the UK ? How much would it cost to buy the rights to these comics from Egmont seeing as they don't want to use them!! Let's start a whipround....!!!

Originally posted by Anonymous on the old forum on 14/04/2003