Eagle Cheap?

Buster, Whizzer and Chips, Whoopee, Wham, Smash, you name it!

Moderator: AndyB

Earl

Eagle Cheap?

Post by Earl »

Since e-bay started I have been surprised at how cheap 50's and 60's Eagle's seem to go for. Back in the 70's it seemed Eagle was 'The' UK comic series to collect. Now, supply seems to exceed demand, apart from issue 1 in nice grade, of course.

Earl.

Earl

Eagle Cheap?

Post by Earl »

Perhaps the lack of responses is indicitive of the interest in the title these days?

Earl.

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Re: Eagle Cheap?

Post by colcool007 »

Earl wrote:Perhaps the lack of responses is indicitive of the interest in the title these days?

Earl.
Being a child of the 70's, I have always looked at the Eagle and enjoyed the art and some of the stories. But, as I can get a batch of comics like a full yearly run of Hotspur for 20 quid instead of 3 Eagles, I know which way I will jump while money is a consideration.
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

rod2402

Eagle Cheap?

Post by rod2402 »

I'm a child of the 70's as well but am building up a collection of original Eagles. I've been looking for Vol 5. Recently on ebay there have been a few sets of early issues. For some reason Vol 5 has been going for a higher price than some of the earlier volumes. Eventually it will come down to my price.

Shaqui

Eagle Cheap?

Post by Shaqui »

The internet and auction sites like eBay has changed the balance of collectability. Both TV21 and Eagle used to demand phenomenal prices for issues, because it was difficult to find them, but both had very high print runs. Now the net has made contact between sellers and buyers much easier and, with the exception of early issues or ones with free gifts, supply has to a degree met demand, and issues can be picked up cheaper.

The high prices now go to those for which demand is still not being met by supply - comics which had lower print runs or sales, and are therefore scarcer on the ground.

8)