The free posters..booklets..puzzle pages..

Buster, Whizzer and Chips, Whoopee, Wham, Smash, you name it!

Moderator: AndyB

Peter Gray

The free posters..booklets..puzzle pages..

Post by Peter Gray »

ImageImage

Did anyone put these on there wall? or the World-wide Werdies..etc..
the posters were very well done and thoughtfully done...mini masterpieces..

I must have liked my comic to be intact..But it would have been nice seeing them on my bedroom has a kid.. I do remember using the Guy Fawkes poster for my Guy..
I also rmemeber Whizzer and chips Christmas decorations you could hang on the tree..

My favourite comic booklet to collect and put together was Cliff Hanger travelling through time using the box with the handle..

Snack-man maze collected ove weeks would have been good..again I didn't want to cut up my comic :D

Shaqui

Re: The free posters..booklets..puzzle pages..

Post by Shaqui »

I remember a 'Flesh' booklet, illustrated by Massimo Belardinelli, to promote the return of the strip to '2000AD'. Belardinelli also did the artwork in the strip.

I've often wondered about things like this. Presumably they were an editorial decision and artists/writers commissioned, although I seem to recall Kevin O'Neill relating about a series of full page illustration features for '2000AD' (something like '7 Wonders of the Universe'?) were his pitch, and he tried to sell them UK publication rights only so he could sell them to other international markets. I wonder if artists occasionally did posters like this to sell to the various titles to make a bit more? Anyone know?

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

I think it must have been 2006 when the Dandy reprinted the 1966 World Cup Dandy in miniature form to be cut out from the comic and folded appropriately. I bought two copies and made the miniature with one leaving the second intact.

Niblet

Post by Niblet »

I like the Odd-Ball poster. It's reminiscent of Donald McGill's notorious 'A stick of rock, cock?' postcard.