THE SPIDER (LION)

Buster, Whizzer and Chips, Whoopee, Wham, Smash, you name it!

Moderator: AndyB

Old Forum Fella

THE SPIDER (LION)

Post by Old Forum Fella »

check it out they reprinted the beatiful art from Thre spider in book format. Published in Lion in the sixties I think. storys are pretty nifty too. this artist inspired the like of dave gibbons and those guys I reckon.

Originally posted by Anonymous on the old forum on 23/1/2006

Old Forum Fella

THE SPIDER (LION)

u sound very excited by it. It is indeed a splendid book. You might also be interested to know there's also a Steel Claw collection in the same format. Although before the nostalgists get too frantic, I hear the Dan Dare volumes are now suspended so the market for such titles isn't the "hundreds of thousands" someone on another thread claimed.

Originally posted by Anonymous on the old forum on 23/1/2006

Old Forum Fella

THE SPIDER (LION)

where or how did you hear dan dare novels were suspended as i have just bought the steel claw,spider and charleys war novels and was planning on getting dan dare next.i emailed titan sugessting they should do a wider range of graphic novels like doomlord,billys boots and other classic footy stories and themed releases from the funnies such as evil eye and creepy car etc. from whoopee! in say a horror theme,cos it would be good for the kids of today to read the greats we read as kids.

Originally posted by Big bad bri on the old forum on 25/1/2006

Old Forum Fella

THE SPIDER (LION)

Sorry but don't expect a huge line of UK reprints. I'd be surprised if there was Spider or Steel Claw vol 2s.

Originally posted by Anonymous on the old forum on 25/1/2006

Old Forum Fella

THE SPIDER (LION)

Prepare to be surprised, fool.

Originally posted by Anonymous on the old forum on 25/1/2006

Old Forum Fella

THE SPIDER (LION)

i know titan are considering steel claw vol 2 cos they want people to vote on it.

Originally posted by Anonymous on the old forum on 29/1/2006