Cor!! No.1 sells for £659

Buster, Whizzer and Chips, Whoopee, Wham, Smash, you name it!

Moderator: AndyB

Lew Stringer

Cor!! No.1 sells for £659

Post by Lew Stringer »

In nice condition and still with its unused free drinks powder, a copy of Cor!! No.1 sold on eBay today for £659!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cor-comic-1-6 ... 1449923170

dandy mad

Re: Cor!! No.1 sells for £659

Post by dandy mad »

That powdered pop won't taste nice now and will cause endless trips to the toilet :lol:

Raven

Post by Raven »

I wonder if the seller will let them off the £2.85 postage!

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

How much did the 1st beano go for in the end as i cant find it on there :lol:

dandy mad

Post by dandy mad »

big bad bri wrote:How much did the 1st beano go for in the end as i cant find it on there :lol:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Beano-comic-1 ... 7675.l2557

Shiner

Post by Shiner »

£659 for Cor!! No.1? I paid less for the original art for the front cover! Recent sales in the past couple of years have been another (or the same?) copy with the free gift for about £150 and the same price for a pre-publication copy.

Seriously, well done to the seller on this one.

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

dandy mad wrote:
big bad bri wrote:How much did the 1st beano go for in the end as i cant find it on there :lol:

Three & a half grand phil must make a fortune every month good on him :) if i had money like that i would have bid on that & Cor!

dandy mad

Post by dandy mad »

big bad bri wrote:
dandy mad wrote:

Three & a half grand phil must make a fortune every month good on him :) if i had money like that i would have bid on that & Cor!
Not all the comics he puts up on eBay are his he charges a commission for selling them me personally I'd sell them myself no commission to pay and 100% profit

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

I believe Phil is a mix of selling on commission basis and selling those that he has bought himself. Either way, he often has some really good issues to sell.
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

George Shiers

Post by George Shiers »

Phew! And to think it came in six flavours!
Visit my blog all about British comics old and new! http://www.whackycomics.blogspot.com

ISPYSHHHGUY

Post by ISPYSHHHGUY »

I distinctly remember the sachet I got had orange powder... 'twas consumed the same day. It also seemed to be a summer weekend that I bought this......extremely powerful memories evoked by such childhood comics.

If someone had told me at the time that a copy of this comic would be worth over 600 quid before I reached old age, I would have laughed in their faces.

Really I wish I had bought a few copies, and filed them purely for future profit---but very few folks have this sort of long-range insight, do they?

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

ISPYSHHHGUY wrote:I distinctly remember the sachet I got had orange powder... 'twas consumed the same day. It also seemed to be a summer weekend that I bought this......extremely powerful memories evoked by such childhood comics.

If someone had told me at the time that a copy of this comic would be worth over 600 quid before I reached old age, I would have laughed in their faces.

Really I wish I had bought a few copies, and filed them purely for future profit---but very few folks have this sort of long-range insight, do they?

It's probably not worth 600 quid at all its just what the buyer is willing to pay & obviously a bidding war was taking place ,the guy who bought it could regret it or face a financial crisis in the next few months & probably only get half that amount,or another copy or 2 with gift could appear within the next few months & get only £50. I personally wouldn't care about the free gift & would only want the actual comic.

Lew Stringer

Post by Lew Stringer »

big bad bri wrote:
It's probably not worth 600 quid at all its just what the buyer is willing to pay .
Isn't that the definition of the financial worth of something to the buyer? The amount they are willing to bid for it?

geoff42

Post by geoff42 »

I personally don't buy for investment. Any comic I buy will stay with me forever. I bid over £300 for that Cor!! issue with powdered drink; had I more clout behind me, I would have bid more. Lew's right as regards what the buyer is prepared to pay. The money is relative to the buyer. I was prepared to bid over £300, someone bid over £600. He (or she) could afford to bid that amount. I couldn't. Next time, I may be more lucky. When it comes to collecting, money is no object... of course, affordability is a key factor. The most I've shelled out is £300 for 2000 AD with biotronic stickers in great condition. I've seen it go for less since, but I've no regrets. I'm just glad that I have my copy. I will never sell it in the future. Were I a richer man and won the Cor!! issue with its free gift, believe you me - you would never have seen the same copy up for sale ever again... well, not in my lifetime.

Lew Stringer

Post by Lew Stringer »

geoff42 wrote: The most I've shelled out is £300 for 2000 AD with biotronic stickers in great condition. I've seen it go for less since, but I've no regrets.
You got a bargain. I sold mine for £621 last year. :up:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2000-AD-Prog- ... 7675.l2557