Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Black Light: The World of L.B. Cole 

Some of you might be interested in this new book from Fantagraphics on the work of L.B. Cole. His work appeared on the covers and interiors of a number of British comics, reprinting American material. This link will take you to the Fantagraphics page where you can have a read at a 19 page sample:-
http://www.fantagraphics.com/browse-sho ... l?vmcchk=1

Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:38 am

paw broon wrote:
Some of you might be interested in this new book from Fantagraphics on the work of L.B. Cole. His work appeared on the covers and interiors of a number of British comics, reprinting American material. This link will take you to the Fantagraphics page where you can have a read at a 19 page sample:-
http://www.fantagraphics.com/browse-sho ... l?vmcchk=1

Looks fantastic! Thanks for the heads up.

Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:15 am
Profile WWW

My complimentary contributors copy arrived yesterday and it is an excellent book with Cole's background and career covered in detail. But the illustrations on the high quality stock are simply superb , showcasing the various genres he covered. Cole drew very few comic strips and is best remembered for the variety, quality and sheer class of his covers.

Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:40 pm

I have only just seen this about L.B.Cole. Thanks for the link Paw those covers of his are fantastic. Especially the 'Blue Bolt' covers, I did not know he did those. I have a few comics from the golden era, and coincidently have a 'Blue Bolt' that I purchased a few weeks ago but it is coverless!! I might post about that later.

Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]