1000 Disasters Of Dort

Discuss particular comic titles here.
There are separate subfora to discuss particular titles and groups of titles - use this forum for any missing title, or discussions which don't fit below!

Moderators: Al, AndyB

colcool007
Mr Valeera

1000 Disasters Of Dort

Post by colcool007 »

Can any Lion collectors help out a fan in the Land Of Oz?
Ever since I was a young lad, I've been fasinated by the story from the 1968 Lion comics; "The 10000 Disasters of Dort". I've been trying to re-collect the entire series (like the usual teenage idiot, I threw "this kid's stuff" out!!), but have found it almost impossible to find the right comics, or at the right price (being over here in Australia means that the high postage costs usually price me out of the market!!!). I'd even be happy paying for photocopies if anyone would offer to help out. Can anyone help?!!
Scans would probably be the best way forward, as the it cuts down on P&P plus makes it easy for everyone to see the comic. :wink:
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

Kashgar
Guru

1000 Disasters Of Dort

Post by Kashgar »

Re 'The 10,000 Disasters of Dort' our mate from Oz has a couple of choices if he decides to track down the original comics as, after its original appearance in Lion 18/5/68-23/11/68, it was then reprinted in the papers final issues 22/12/73-4/5/74, with the reprint having its ending changed from the original to allow the strip to end before Lion merged with Valiant on 11/5/74. Also for completeness sake he might like to track down a copy of the 1970 Lion Annual which contains a strip 'The Plague of Locusts' which features scientist Mike Dauntless, the hero from the Dort strip.