Thunderbolt the Avenger

Discuss particular comic titles here.
There are separate subfora to discuss particular titles and groups of titles - use this forum for any missing title, or discussions which don't fit below!

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Kremmen

Thunderbolt the Avenger

Post by Kremmen »

From circa 1966 to 1968 I recall a superhero in Buster called Thunderbolt. PC MIck Riley had a watch that gave him flight, strength and possibly invulnerability but only for two hours. As a 7-year-old I always thought his appearance was a bit Batman-ish. My memories are a bit vague, can anyone tell me when exactly he appeared. IIRC he flew no more when Buster merged with Giggle.

bustercomic

Thunderbolt the Avenger

Post by bustercomic »

http://www.bustercomic.co.uk/thunderboult.html

It's all I've got at the moment

Hope that helps!
http://www.bustercomic.co.uk - The World's Most Comprehensive Buster Website

You Voted For The Top 100 Strips......The Results Are Now In at Bustercomic.co.uk

Kashgar
Guru

Thunderbolt the Avenger

Post by Kashgar »

Hi Kremmen, You're certainly right about Charlie Peace having a flying machine trip into the twentieth century. I'll check out the exact details of when this occured and get back to you. Similarly I'll let you know the full publishing details of Thunderbolt the Avenger in the next couple of days.

Kashgar
Guru

Thunderbolt the Avenger

Post by Kashgar »

Make that time machine trip for Charlie Peace.

Kashgar
Guru

Thunderbolt the Avenger

Post by Kashgar »

Hi Kremmen, Managed a quick response on your 'Thunderbolt the Avenger' query. He appeared in Buster from its first regular sized 40 page issue dated 30th Oct 1965 and ran until 13th Jan 1968 the issue before Buster had Giggle amalgamated with it. The artwork in the main was by Eric Dadswell. If you want to know which of the Buster Books the character appeared in just let me know.
The other 'Thunder Boult' mentioned (28/3/64-2/1/65) was a different kettle of fish altogether. He was a master magician and illusionist who used his skills to help the fight against Nazi Germany during WWII.

bustercomic

Thunderbolt the Avenger

Post by bustercomic »

How Rare

That means I'm wrong :oops: :oops:
http://www.bustercomic.co.uk - The World's Most Comprehensive Buster Website

You Voted For The Top 100 Strips......The Results Are Now In at Bustercomic.co.uk

Kremmen

Thunderbolt the Avenger

Post by Kremmen »

Thanks for the information re Thunderbolt. I wish I'd kept some of the strips, but when you're a kid you don't think of such things. As far as I can remember Thunderbolt appeared in two Buster Books, the ones cover-dated 1968 and 1969, appearing on the cover of the former. I remember wondering if I was going to see what his outfit looked like in colour, but IIRC it was black! Pity someone hasn't brought out a book reprinting this character, as well as others such as, say, Tri-Man. Ah well, one can hope...