Won Spellbound Issue 1 with free gift on eBay!

Discuss particular comic titles here.
There are separate subfora to discuss particular titles and groups of titles - use this forum for any missing title, or discussions which don't fit below!

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Captain Storm

Post by Captain Storm »

Hi Kashgar,recently won Spellbound Issue 1 on eBay.Am waiting on said same comic to arrive.Have you any info on what I believe from sketchy memory was the precursor to Misty back in 1976.All I know is that it joined up with Debbie some time later.Who said comics were just for boys :lol:

Kashgar
Guru

Post by Kashgar »

Hi Cap. Congrats on winning Spellbound No1 on ebay. Entirely off the top of my head I think it ran to 69 issues before it merged with Debbie. It certainly didn't have any spin-off titles eg annuals etc.

Muffy

Spellbound

Post by Muffy »

I vaguely remember it too, very like Misty, lots of story's related to magic and witchcraft. I think Romero (who later did Axa in the Sun) did a story about some space girls. It might have lasted until issue 80 or so, a superior DC Thompson comic. :) :?

Captain Storm

Post by Captain Storm »

Thanks Kashgar and Muffy.I think we sometimes gloss over the girl's comics in favour of the war/adventure boy's papers.I read each in equal measure and particularly enjoyed such stories as The Sentinels,The Four Marys and such like...

Kashgar
Guru

Post by Kashgar »

Checked and it did run to 69 issues. The strip that Muffy is talking about I think might be 'The Space Cats' which had a long run in the comic although the major artist on this strip was actually Bodia.

helsbels

Post by helsbels »

The strip Muffy mentions was called "Supercats" and used to appear in Diana under the name of "The Fabulous Four". I also thought the artist was called Romero, though I think he used other names as well.

I always preferred IPC's girl's comics to DC Thompsons, but Spellbound was definitely one of their best publications for girls.

Captain Storm

Post by Captain Storm »

They actually gave away a free Supercats diary with Issue 2.Which I don't have :oops: