TV Century 21: Daily Mirror ad for issue 2

Discuss particular comic titles here.
There are separate subfora to discuss particular titles and groups of titles - use this forum for any missing title, or discussions which don't fit below!

Moderators: Al, AndyB

stevezodiac

TV Century 21: Daily Mirror ad for issue 2

Post by stevezodiac »

Picked up a Daily Mirror from 1965 for 50p in Greenwich market today, what decided it for me was the half page ad for the second issue of TV21. Unusual to see such a large ad for a comic in what, at the time, was Britain's biggest selling daily newspaper. An indication of the sort of budget City Magazines must have had. As a bonus there is an Andy Capp cartoon and a Calamity Gulch cartoon by Clayton, previously mentioned in these forums.Here's the ad, split in two due to size:

Lew Stringer

Re: TV Century 21: Daily Mirror ad for issue 2

Post by Lew Stringer »

Great find! We had the Daily Mirror every day when I was a kid and I must have seen that ad but I can't remember it at all.

The Mirror also advertised Fantastic No.1 in 1967, but that was a much smaller ad:

Lew

stevezodiac

Re: TV Century 21: Daily Mirror ad for issue 2

Post by stevezodiac »

I can still remember the first issue of Fantastic coming out, i remember being in the school playground (Deptford Park, SE8 see my photos on Friends Reunited, i'm in the mod gear) and having one of the stick on scars on my wrist. Innocent days with a lot less bad people around.