Nice Thomson annuals flyer from 1988

Discuss particular comic titles here.
There are separate subfora to discuss particular titles and groups of titles - use this forum for any missing title, or discussions which don't fit below!

Moderators: Al, AndyB

stevezodiac

Nice Thomson annuals flyer from 1988

Post by stevezodiac »

Digging around in my storage unit yesterday (with the Millwall-Leeds match as background music - come on you Lions!) I found a few more odds and ends one of which was this flyer from 1987. I remember I was living in Tilbury at the time and the local newsagent had just left them on the bottom shelf among the comics so i asked if I could have them (there were five copies). It folds out width ways to make six pages advertising all the 1988 annuals. it makes me wonder what sort of advertising stuff was distributed to newsagents that we never saw. I also remember a similar flyer advertising the book about Film Fun.

ISPYSHHHGUY

Re: Nice Thomson annuals flyer from 1988

Post by ISPYSHHHGUY »

In the late 60s and early 70s, Steve, newsagents often displayed glossy sheets on their walls or front doors displaying good-quality small 'thumbnail' illustrations of that year's current annual crop: these were in full-colour, and always struck me as 'kinda cool'. They were clearly intended for the newsagent's purpose only, but after a while, this whole idea seemed to disappear altogether.....a shame, as I always enjoyed looking at them when I went in.