Searching for a particular WW2 story

Discuss particular comic titles here.
There are separate subfora to discuss particular titles and groups of titles - use this forum for any missing title, or discussions which don't fit below!

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Shero

Searching for a particular WW2 story

Post by Shero »

I'd love to find some more details (story title, date of publication with a view to finding and buying) of a comic special I bought and read as a boy. I think it was a DC Thompson publication based mainly on my memories of the artwork though I can't be sure. The comic was about 64 pages long in an A4 format and the story was in two parts.

It centered around a british soldier who, in the first half of the story, is an armoured car commander on Crete when it is invaded by German paras. For a while the hero and his crew evade capture and at one point hide behind a waterfall. In the second half of the story we skip forward a few years later to the Battle of the Bulge. Our hero has become a tank commander by this stage. However, in the course of this adventure he finds a King Tiger undergoing repair. Patiently he waits for the repair to be completed before overpowering the crew and hi-jacking the German tank.

Does this jog any memories? Would love to hear from anyone who can help. Thanks for your interest.

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Re: Searching for a particular WW2 story

Post by colcool007 »

Shero, the comic that you are looking for is Red Dagger issue 16. It was an amalgamation of two story arcs where you had Tiger McTaggart fighting a rearguard action in Crete and then transposed to the maelstrom that was the fight to advance to Berlin.
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

steelclaw
DC Skelton

Re: Searching for a particular WW2 story

Post by steelclaw »

Tiger Mctagget was one of my favourite World War ll stories in Wizard.
No.16 Tiger McTagget - Ran in The Wizard from September 29th 1973 to December 1st 1973, Another Tiger McTagget story called "King Tiger" also featured which also ran in Wizard from August 30th 1975 to November 22nd 1977 to fill the 64 page comic.