What do you want for Christmas? (comic related)

Discuss particular comic titles here.
There are separate subfora to discuss particular titles and groups of titles - use this forum for any missing title, or discussions which don't fit below!

Moderators: Al, AndyB

SID

What do you want for Christmas? (comic related)

Post by SID »

Well, it's coming up to that time of year.

I just wonder what (comic related) everyone is getting (or wants) for Christmas.

For me:

3 years' worth of Dandy comics (1990s)
This year's Dandy Annual
This year's Beano and Dandy book
This year's Broons and Oor Wullie book
This year's Rupert Bear Annual
This year's Broons Calendar
2000AD Prog 2010 (though I get this with my subscription so not sure if that counts)
Reading comics since 1970. My Current Regulars are: 2000 AD (1977-), Judge Dredd Megazine (1990-), Spaceship Away (2003-), Commando (2013-), Monster Fun (2022-), Deadpool and Wolverine (2023-), Quantum (2023-).

Digifiend

Re: What do you want for Christmas? (comic related)

Post by Digifiend »

As usual, the Beano, Dandy, Beano/Dandy, Dennis & Gnasher and Bash Street Kids annuals. My mum already picked up two of them - at half price. And she's thinking of getting herself the Bunty book.

EDIT: Of the five for myself, just Beano left to get now.
Last edited by Digifiend on 28 Nov 2009, 20:11, edited 1 time in total.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

I am in the happy position of neither wanting nor needing anything comic related this Christmas, although I will get Crikey! 13 if it emerges in time. Perhaps there will be something in it about story papers! I won't hold my breath though. In fairness I have already got the Bunty book so I will be able to read that. I suppose the Roy of the Rovers compilation of strips from the 70s would be of some interest, but I will probably get it for my elder son to feed his own nostalgia. He was learning to read at that time so we read it together along with each week's issue of Tiger, at so many stories per day.

tony ingram

Post by tony ingram »

Phoenix wrote:I am in the happy position of neither wanting nor needing anything comic related this Christmas, although I will get Crikey! 13 if it emerges in time.
provisional due date: the 23rd.

For myself, I always get the wife the Beano and Dandy annuals (she's a DC Thomson fan) and I know that somewhere in the depths of the wardrobe, she's bought me that beautiful, big, hardback Captain Britain collected edition. Can't wait...

I doubt we'll bother with the Doctor Who annual this year, though. Seems to have dispensed with strip content entirely.

alanultron5

Post by alanultron5 »

Would love Sparky No 1 and all 22 of the Jet run from 1971. Those and the few Thunders I still need!
A Face unclouded by thought.

ISPYSHHHGUY

Post by ISPYSHHHGUY »

the key to an abandoned warehouse that holds pristine copies of the entire D C THOMSON, IPC, ODHAMS and TV-21 archives....not too much to ask for, surely...........?

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

ISPYSHHHGUY wrote:the key to an abandoned warehouse that holds pristine copies of the entire D C THOMSON, IPC, ODHAMS and TV-21 archives....not too much to ask for, surely...........?
That'll do for me too! But I am not too fussed about the Odhams or IPC unless it held all the Action scripts and art. See I am easier to please than ISPY! :lol: In reality, anything comic related will be nice.
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

Jonny Whizz

Post by Jonny Whizz »

I doubt I'll get that much. The Beano annual for certain, and probably Dennis and Bash Street. I've never got the Dandy annual (because I don't read the comic so never got into it), and for some inexplicable reason I've never got the Beano/Dandy book either, when I know I'm interested in stuff like that. I don't buy Classics regularly either, though I am appeased by a 382-page book containing loads of Classics material, so I'm not starved of it at any rate.
'Michael Owen isn't the tallest of players, but his height more than makes up for it' - Mark Lawrenson

Niblet

Post by Niblet »

ISPYSHHHGUY wrote:the key to an abandoned warehouse that holds pristine copies of the entire D C THOMSON, IPC, ODHAMS and TV-21 archives....not too much to ask for, surely...........?
I'd just be happy with an abandoned warehouse, as I have run out of storage space for my collection :(

ISPYSHHHGUY

Post by ISPYSHHHGUY »

nice one, Nibs....I , too, would need a warehouse to go with the comics, as there is no dice I can store many here!