The Official Jacqueline Wilson Mag - comics?

Discuss particular comic titles here.
There are separate subfora to discuss particular titles and groups of titles - use this forum for any missing title, or discussions which don't fit below!

Moderators: Al, AndyB

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Re: The Official Jacqueline Wilson Mag - comics?

Post by colcool007 »

Bought it for my 12 year old as she is a big fan of Tracey Beaker and co. She seems to be enjoying it and I have certainly seen an increase in drawings scattered around the house. The 16 year old has certainly been drawing a bit more as well, so I think that it's hitting its' core market bang on. Hope that the magazine goes from strength to strength.
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

felneymike
Fence Sitter

Post by felneymike »

MikeC wrote:
Captain Storm wrote:It looks like it was drawn by a 5 year old.......OUCH! Comics as we knew them just are not coming back. :coat:

The Cap.
Wikipedia...

Nick was trained in graphic design at St. Martin's School of Art. He takes his inspiration from the pop and graphic art of the 1960s, which he experienced as a child. He loves to use vibrant colours and bold patterns in his pictures, but, he says, "the most important element of my work is always the humour." He likes experimenting with different media and you'll find watercolour, liquid acrylics, charcoal, ink, animation cell paint and photographs in his work.

His work is split between illustrating for other writers, most notably Jacqueline Wilson and Jeremy Strong, and producing his own picture books for a younger audience.

He has won numerous awards including the 2001 Children's Book Award, the Stockport Schools Book Award for KS1, the Sheffield Children's Book Award and the Experian Award for Eat Your Peas, written by Kes Gray. He won the overall Sheffield Children's Book Award for A Cheese and Tomato Spider and the picture book category for the Time It Took Tom, co-written with Stephen Tucker, which also won best book in the Right Start Book Awards. Pants won the picture book category of the 2003 Children's Book Award and was shortlisted for the Greenaway Prize. Ketchup on Your Cornflakes? won the Under Fives non-fiction Book Prize in the SHE/WHSmith Award. Nick Sharratt's work has been exhibited in Britain, Italy, Japan and U.S.A. He has also been awarded with a Gold Blue Peter badge
...and?

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

I guess the Cap just doesn't like Nick's artwork. Little girls presumably do though, and it works well on TV too (Tracy Beaker). And as that Wiki article says, he's won awards for it, which speaks volumes.