CLiNT: New newsstand comic from Mark Millar/Titan!

Discuss particular comic titles here.
There are separate subfora to discuss particular titles and groups of titles - use this forum for any missing title, or discussions which don't fit below!

Moderators: Al, AndyB

felneymike
Fence Sitter

Re: CLiNT: New newsstand comic from Mark Millar/Titan!

Post by felneymike »

Giving British small pressers a "leg up" into the big time? I may just have to buy the issues that story runs in!

SID

Post by SID »

You get 20% if you take up a subscription at clintmag.com and so have taken out a 9-issue subscription. :D
Reading comics since 1970. My Current Regulars are: 2000 AD (1977-), Judge Dredd Megazine (1990-), Spaceship Away (2003-), Commando (2013-), Monster Fun (2022-), Deadpool and Wolverine (2023-), Quantum (2023-).

McSCOTTYS GHOST

Post by McSCOTTYS GHOST »

I gave up on Clint after issue 3 only having a sly look at the book when in a comic shop -although I liked some of the strips in it it looked a bit "cramped" - I picked up the new issue 14 (100 pager) and it looks amazing also good strips (Kick Ass 2, Graveyard Empire) very much like this now would advise folk to haver a look

Terry

Post by Terry »

A new look, with new strips

MARK MILLAR'S NEW, RETOOLED CLiNT

After threatening to mutate into something even more wonderful with its last handful of issues, Kick-Ass creator Mark Millar has retooled CLiNT, the 100-page comics magazine, into a whole new volume, with a new #1!

With four brand-new stories beginning between its covers, a brand new look, new logo and new attitude, the little comic that could is now the comic you can’t ignore!

Every issue now features epic news and interview exclusives you won’t read anywhere else – from set reports, casting announcements and extensive actor grillings to behind-the-scenes commentaries and new art from top comics talent!

CLiNT #2.1 will be available from all good magazine retailers and comic stores on May 9 2012 US, May 10 2012 UK, priced $6.99/£4.25.

http://www.facebook.com/clintmag

felneymike
Fence Sitter

Post by felneymike »

Hmm, could be interesting. It's not quite "100 pages of comics" though really, is it? Mind you It'd be great if it was!

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

How many issues did vol 1 last in the end,i must admit i gave up after a few issues but i may now get back issues from forbidden planet.

PaulTwist

Post by PaulTwist »

big bad bri wrote:How many issues did vol 1 last in the end,i must admit i gave up after a few issues but i may now get back issues from forbidden planet.
Fifteen issues. #14 is on sale now; #15 is out on 29th March.

The relaunch looks good - it seems to be a fairly obvious ploy to avoid readers dropping off once the main attraction of Kick-Ass 2 ends next month, but the replacement strips look good to me. Hope they run the Jonathan Ross/Bryan Hitch Image comic "America's Got Powers" as it looks great (plus if CLiNT run it I won't have to pick it up as single issues! Still, it's only $2.99 which seems a bargain these days!)

Terry

Post by Terry »

CLiNT #2.1 is on sale in the UK today, I'm wanting to read Secret Service so will hopefully get a copy over the next few days

http://titanmagazines.com/t/clint/uk/21/

musiquetom

Post by musiquetom »

I already mentioned it under General Discussion Paul. Unfortunately no one here was interested.

Let's hope it does well anyway. I doubt it'll be the "Eagle for the 21st Century" Millar is promising. That's just a soundbite to get media attention, but any new UK comic should be welcomed. I just hope they find room amongst those celebrity contributors to publish work from people with experience in comics.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Huh? You do realise you just replied to a comment posted six months ago?