FANTASTIC checklist

Discuss particular comic titles here.
There are separate subfora to discuss particular titles and groups of titles - use this forum for any missing title, or discussions which don't fit below!

Moderators: Al, AndyB

stevezodiac

FANTASTIC checklist

Post by stevezodiac »

Back in the 1980s I made up detailed checklists of my comics. Here is the one for Fantastic. Hope it makes sense. The blue numbers denote the first and second parts of a story. Fantastic did not print the credits so I have not given artist details but the British Marvels gave full credits and I'll be putting my checklists for them later.

Power fan

Re: FANTASTIC checklist

Post by Power fan »

One of those X men Magneto stories from the end of Fantastic's run was an edited version of a story about Red Raven, where Angel had an adventure with another flying character revived from the golden age, (whose Silver age origin story was rather unsatisfactory I recall - how did he get to fly?). however, because Fantastic was about to end, that main part of the story was omitted, and just the beginning which continued the story arc with Magneto was printed, in just the one issue. (Prof X remained dead in Fantasic didn't he?)

STARBOY

Post by STARBOY »

What a brilliant piece of memorabilia to keep from your past - I don't think I have anything like that, not even the two editions of a fanzine I printed when I was about 15 (Outpost) regrettably. I think I have a few drawings iI did in the Ken Reid style (ie ripped off) of versions of US characters (the Spirit and Deadman etc) from when I was about 14 thats it.

Kashgar
Guru

Post by Kashgar »

I still have a handwritten version of all the indexes I did back in the 1980's and various checklists of artists work that did or didn't get published in places like 'The Comic Journal' or 'The Story Papers Collectors Digest'.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

I used to spend hours working on checklists even going through comics page by page and listing all the adverts for other comics. It was during this time my wife upped and left me....

Confuscious he say: "Him what has his hooter stuck in a comic book until cock crow will not notice honorable trouble and strife tiptoeing out of the rory o'moore, suitcase in hand."