Please Help

Discuss particular comic titles here.
There are separate subfora to discuss particular titles and groups of titles - use this forum for any missing title, or discussions which don't fit below!

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Digifiend

Re: Please Help

Post by Digifiend »

They do the same thing with partworks - but when they go national they reprint the ones that ran in the trial run (which is normally no more than half a dozen issues). Vulcan should've done that.

dreamticket

Post by dreamticket »

As this has turned into a discussion of Vulcan, I thought this might be of interest to some of you:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VULCAN-Comic- ... 3cbb0a1ab9

Needless to say I never saw a copy of it either, which was a shame considering the contents. (If the link doesn't work for you, let me know and I'll try and fix it).

philcom55

Post by philcom55 »

I've got both first issues (luckily my parents were due to go on holiday in Scotland when the initial run was launched). As a matter of interest the one shown in that link has an original cover by Mike Western - the only new artwork to appear during either run, and a rare opportunity to see Mike's versions of Mytek, the Steel Claw, Robot Archie and the Trigan Empire!

- Phil Rushton

paw broon

Post by paw broon »

I have all the issues (I think - haven't seen them for a while but you've put me in the mood to dig them out). Being in Scotland has its advantages, sometimes. Haven't checked if it's been mentioned here but Trigan Empire and Storm are still big all over Europe and are in print. Once again a terrible indictment of comics publishing and publishers in Britain.

AndyB
Throgmorton

Post by AndyB »

And then the Beano isolated individual frames for the main cover illustration and we all hated it :)

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

That's because they were often pixellated, and replaced original artwork.

AndyB
Throgmorton

Post by AndyB »

And boy are we glad they are now doing original covers again!