Merlin Magazine/Comic

Discuss particular comic titles here.
There are separate subfora to discuss particular titles and groups of titles - use this forum for any missing title, or discussions which don't fit below!

Moderators: Al, AndyB

steelclaw
DC Skelton

Merlin Magazine/Comic

Post by steelclaw »

Out now a new Magazine with comic strip.
Anyone bought it?
Was in the shops September 9th.

http://downthetubescomics.blogspot.com/ ... in-uk.html

Shaqui

Re: Merlin Magazine/Comic

Post by Shaqui »

Funny, I thought there had been a Merlin comic/magazine, albeit without any strip content, a year or more back...

Is this a relaunch? And is the strip any good?

-MikeD-

Post by -MikeD- »

Shaqui wrote:Funny, I thought there had been a Merlin comic/magazine, albeit without any strip content, a year or more back...

There's a pretty perfunctory strip drawn by Lee Carey, who is a fine humour artist on the Cartoon Network stuff, but I would have thought they'd have chosen someone with a grittier style for a Merlin strip.

Or maybe I'm just dangerously nostalgic today...I've just been rereading the first issue of Thunder and the artwork is gorgeous on every page. The Golden Age of action strips...
My new art blog...beta version... http://mikedcuk.blogspot.co.uk

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Shaqui wrote:Funny, I thought there had been a Merlin comic/magazine, albeit without any strip content, a year or more back...

Yeah there was, last year. Seems the rights got taken on by another publisher.

Shaqui

Post by Shaqui »

Digifiend wrote:
Yeah there was, last year. Seems the rights got taken on by another publisher.
Wonder what happened to the other one then? Bad sales, publisher gave up - or both? :oops:

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Looked it up, seems it was a one-off, called Totally... The Adventures of Merlin, which was published by Titan Magazines (the Merlin series itself is called The Adventures of Merlin in certain foreign markets). Totally has a different topic each issue, Merlin was #4. Despite this several websites reported on them launching issue 1 of an ongoing series.

Shaqui

Post by Shaqui »

Digifiend wrote:Looked it up, seems it was a one-off, called Totally... The Adventures of Merlin, which was published by Titan Magazines (the Merlin series itself is called The Adventures of Merlin in certain foreign markets). Totally has a different topic each issue, Merlin was #4. Despite this several websites reported on them launching issue 1 of an ongoing series.
Ah that would explain my confusion! I think I picked this up as #4, and wondered why I hadn't seen the previous 3 issues! And i recall some sites reporting it as issue 1 as well. Thanks for the clarification!

:D