Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Tiger - how many issues? 

Westy wrote:
Hi Raven,

The Tigers appear in Tiger from 16th October 1971 to 5th October 1974 inclusive.

I’ve never read the story myself but, as I’m off work today, own all bar 2 of those issues and have them to hand, I skimmed through them, glancing at The Tigers’ pages for a ‘scary hairy creature’. Unfortunately I didn’t find one. The nearest I got was in October 1972 where the gang encountered a ‘monster’ which turned out to be an escaped hippo...

Over Christmas 1973 the gang visited a haunted house which might have homed a creature but unfortunately I don’t have that particular issue – yet.

I wonder if you might be thinking of a Johnny Cougar story from April 1973 where the redskin wrestler and his beatnik pal Splash Gorton stumbled across a tribe* of sasquatch during a trip to Canada?

Sorry I couldn’t lay that to rest for you.

Thanks very much for taking the time to look, Westy. Much appreciated. It was from an older family member's weekly Tigers I feel fairly sure I saw this, and I remember the Johnny Cougar strip well. This was definitely a group of kids being observed by some kind of creature, with a hairy hand or claw, that being the cliffhanger final panel at least once. The haunted house storyline sounds like my best bet; you say you don't have that "issue" yet, but did this story run over a *few* weeks?

Thanks also for the dates of the strip. It was the only one I really liked in Tiger at that time.

Westy wrote:
* I'm open to suggestions as to what is the correct collective noun for sasquatch.

Bigfeet!

Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:20 pm
Guru

Westy wrote:
Including the Hot Shot Hamish cover (and in colour) was a nice touch.
I suspect it was more a case of finding a way of using it somehow, otherwise it would just go to waste.

Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:44 pm

^It was also the first panel of the story though. Not including it would meant adding an exposition to the second page.

Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:24 am
Profile WWW
Guru

Digifiend wrote:
It was also the first panel of the story though. Not including it would meant adding an exposition to the second page.
Quite correct, Digi. Well spotted!

Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2