Striker

Discuss particular comic titles here.
There are separate subfora to discuss particular titles and groups of titles - use this forum for any missing title, or discussions which don't fit below!

Moderators: Al, AndyB

stevezodiac

Striker

Post by stevezodiac »

Looking at my Strikers last night - issues 2-31 I won on ebay recently (I have no. 1 somwhere). At about issue 30 it changed publishers (from City Magazines) and changed printers and all the comic strips had, by then, disppeared. Not sure how long it continued after that but it was nowhere near as good. Can anyone tell me when it finished?

Al
Sir!

Re: Striker

Post by Al »

Striker ran from 10th January 1970 to 4th March 1972 (113 issues). It then merged with a football paper to become Inside Football and Striker - Issue dated 11th March 1972. Here's a photo of the front cover of that first combined issue. I don't know how long this incarnation went on for, but I personally have issue dated 29-12-1973 and it was still called Inside Football and Striker.
Attachments
Inside Football and Striker #1.jpg

stevezodiac

Re: Striker

Post by stevezodiac »

Thanks, Al. I wasn't aware of that merger, I used to buy Inside Football in the early 70s and have a few copies in my collection.