Beano and Dandy Birthday Bash at the Cartoon Museum

If you know of an upcoming event or you would like to discuss a recent one post here.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Al
Sir!

Beano and Dandy Birthday Bash at the Cartoon Museum

Post by Al »

There will be a Beano and Dandy Birthday Bash at the Cartoon Museum during 30 July - 2 November 2008

The address is:
35 Little Russell Street
London
WC1A 2HH

An exhibition for /Beano/ and /Dandy /fans young and old. On 30th July
2008 /Beano /will be 70 years young. All your favourite characters past and present will be here - Desperate Dan, Dennis the Menace, the Bash Street Kids, Minnie the Minx, Lord Snooty, Beryl the Peril, the Numbskulls, Black Bob, Jonah, Jak and Todd, Les Pretend and many more.

Visit their website for more details http://www.cartoonmuseum.org/

Al

NP

Re: Beano and Dandy Birthday Bash at the Cartoon Museum

Post by NP »

There will be lots of original artwork on display, from the earliest to the latest. So if you're interested in The Beano and Dandy, and original artwork, start arranging a visit! It's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, don't come on here in November complaining because you missed it.

Brendan McGuire

Post by Brendan McGuire »

I eventually got to see this on Sunday. Absolutely brilliant. Superbly presented and lots of laugh out loud moments. There's a beautiful Baxendale Bash Street in which Teacher forbids the Kids to eat fish and chip suppers. They have to resort to eating chips behind Farmer Dollop's brown smelly piles to disguise the aroma of chips.
There is also a lovely Lord Snooty in which Hitler steals the Beano Office. Before the theft there is a shabby old banger outside the building, this is labelled the Editor's car. It stands in stark contrast to the sleek, smooth lines of the Artist's car parked a little further on. I would unreservedly recommend catching this before it closes.
I also took the opportunity to catch the Comic Timing exhibition at Harrod's ( Door 5 at the Eastern end of the building just off the Brompton Road. Turn right in the hall and go down the escalator ). Again, brilliant and not to be missed. Plenty of British comic talent to drool over.
I nearly forgot! Paddy Brennan's work back at the Comic Museum is nothing short of astounding!
I'll stop gushing now. :oops:

SID

Post by SID »

A bit late but I only wish I knew about it then. I would have gone. :(
Reading comics since 1970. My Current Regulars are: 2000 AD (1977-), Judge Dredd Megazine (1990-), Spaceship Away (2003-), Commando (2013-), Monster Fun (2022-), Deadpool and Wolverine (2023-), Quantum (2023-).