London film & Comic Con 18 & 19th July.

If you know of an upcoming event or you would like to discuss a recent one post here.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

stevezodiac

London film & Comic Con 18 & 19th July.

Post by stevezodiac »

Saw this ad in yesteray's Daily Mirror. I actually work next door to the Earl's Court exhibition centre. Doubt if i'll go though, prefer the smaller fairs.

Digifiend

Re: London film & Comic Con 18 & 19th June.

Post by Digifiend »

That's the second Torchwood mention here in the last 24 hours! Great timing. :lol:

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Re: London film & Comic Con 18 & 19th July.

Post by colcool007 »

Would love to go, but not back in London until the end of August! Arrrggghhhh! :(
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

Here's an advert for the next one.
Attachments
ebay annuals 133.jpg

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Mike Tyson? What does boxing have to do with film, television, or comics? :?

STARBOY

Post by STARBOY »

Well as tenuious as the link is Mike Tyson has appeared in a couple of movies (the last one being the Hangover) and I think there was a Mike Tyson comic a few years ago - pretty weak links though - a strange one that but he's a BIG name still.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Thanks. Yeah, he's a big name, but, not one who I would've expected to see at a comic con. I didn't know he'd done movies.

Lew Stringer

Post by Lew Stringer »

Digifiend wrote:Thanks. Yeah, he's a big name, but, not one who I would've expected to see at a comic con. I didn't know he'd done movies.
It's not really a comics convention. More of a media event with comics tagged on. You may have noticed there's not one single comic creator mentioned on the advert (although there will be a few there no doubt).

For events more dedicated to comics you need to go to the annual Bristol and Birmingham expos that are often mentioned on this forum.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

True, "Film and TV con" would probably be a more accurate title. Even if that's what it's mostly about though, Tyson is still a surprising choice of guest (it's not a sports convention after all)... but those movies, however obscure they may be, offer a possible justification.

STARBOY

Post by STARBOY »

Digi; Tyson appeared in about 4 films - most were boxing related including a documentary on himself and the other was a film about another famous boxer - his most famous was the "lads" movie "Hangover" which did well at the box office (again he played himself - and was awful). Hey at least you have an event like this, Glasogw used to have 2 a year plus a handful of smaller events in other parts of the city with comics and media but it gradually became a media and sports event and eventualy ended. Hope the London one doesn't go that way (Im sure it won't).