Memorabilia Show next weekend

If you know of an upcoming event or you would like to discuss a recent one post here.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Lew Stringer

Memorabilia Show next weekend

Post by Lew Stringer »

I'm one of the guests at the Memorabilia Show next Saturday (November 21st) at the NEC, Birmingham. The event actually runs for two days but I'll only be there for the one.

I'll be in the "Comic City" section of the hall alongside other comic creators such as John McCrea, Laura Howell, Lee Bradley, Kat Nicholson and Jason Cardy. I'll be bringing along a few of my old pages to sell, and also doing sketches, so drop by and say hello if you're interested.

There'll be loads of media guests there too, including Mary McDonnell (Battlestar Galactica), Honor Blackman (The Avengers), Gil Gerard (Buck Rogers), and David Hedison (Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea).

Guests from the world of sport will also be in attendance including Eusebio and Ken Norton.

If you're traveling by train the station you need to get to is Birmingham International (that's where the NEC is). For full details including ticket prices and opening times visit the Memorabilia website here:
http://www.memorabilia.co.uk/

Lew

PS: Annoyingly the spelling of an actresses name has been automatically "corrected" by Comic UK netbots to "honour Blackman" in this post and I can't alter it. There shouldn't be a 'u' in it, and it should have course have an upper case H.

Al
Sir!

Re: Memorabilia Show next weekend

Post by Al »

Apologies Lew.

I have 'Honored' Ms Blackman's name.

Al

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Lew Stringer wrote:Annoyingly the spelling of an actresses name has been automatically "corrected" by Comic UK netbots to "honour Blackman" in this post and I can't alter it. There shouldn't be a 'u' in it, and it should have course have an upper case H.
That's very interesting, Lew, because a few months ago exactly the same thing happened to me. I was trying to comment in some post or other about a story in Mandy in 1968 called Honor Among Thieves. The system could not interpret the play on words, so I was eventually forced to abandon the point I wanted to make.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

So the netbots correct Americanisms. I agree, that is annoying when a word spelt the American way has a legitimate second meaning, as Honor does as a girls name. I'm not a fan of these netbots, because on some boards, they turn Scunthorpe into S****horpe, bleeping out a swear word, even though you're trying to mention a seaside town! Thankfully that one doesn't happen here!

Lew Stringer

Post by Lew Stringer »

Al wrote:Apologies Lew.

I have 'Honored' Ms Blackman's name.

Al

Thanks Al. :)

Lew

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

David Hedison also appeared in a couple of the Bond films didn't he?

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Yes he did.
Welcome to the official website of actor David Hedison.

You might remember him best as Capt. Lee Crane from Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, as Felix Leiter in the 007 movies Live and Let Die & Licence To Kill, or as Arthur Hendricks in the long-running soap opera, the Young and the Restless.
http://www.david-hedison.com/