Glasgow Comic Market

If you know of an upcoming event or you would like to discuss a recent one post here.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

paw broon

Glasgow Comic Market

Post by paw broon »

Yesterday saw the most recent comic market in Glasgow and it was, in my opinion, quite successful. Although in a tight wee hall which is a bit dimly lit, dealers squeezed themselves in and by doors open at 11 o'clock, there was a big crowd of punters in the hall. The selection of comics was a bit limited for my taste but 2 dealers had some British comics and annuals and there were a few boxes of really nice looking Silver Age D.C.'s. Umpteen boxes full of 50p. stuff but it was selling. There was also a trading card table and another table with dvd's. Small press was represented at 3 different tables with a variety of publications and illos. The Star Wars Troopers were there incl. a huge Darth Vader. And the mart organisers announced a convention - the first real comic convention in Glasgow for 15 years-. According to them, that is and I think they might be right. If this con. happens, it could be a success and the organisers say they have Quitely, Millar and David Lloyd confirmed with many more to come.
I bought stuff, met people, chatted, drank coffee, ate buns and discovered that City Centre Comics have a selection of Dell's and some beautiful S.A. D.C.'s in stock.
What a good day.