Graphic Novel Night

If you know of an upcoming event or you would like to discuss a recent one post here.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

paw broon

Graphic Novel Night

Post by paw broon »

Meadowbank Library, Polmont, Falkirk, is hosting a Graphic Novel Evening. Saturday 21st. April. Info. here:-
http://www.falkirkcommunitytrust.org/wh ... novelnight

The library is only 5 or 10 minutes walk (depending if you know the shortcut or not) from Polmont railway station, which has direct services to Edinburgh, Glasgow, and Stirling. It's also on the #1 & #2 bus routes from Falkirk town centre. Tickets are free. Don't know how popular this will turn out but all credit to a great staff for trying.
I'm editing this to add that Gary Erskine is also listed as attending. Further updates from the library.

paw broon

Re: Graphic Novel Night

Post by paw broon »

There was a good turn out for this comics/G.N. night and despite no Garry Erskine, the evening went well. A talk by David Bishop of 2000AD fame was very entertaining and the computer suite presentation by Metaphrog was highly praised. A panel discussion and Q&A session finished of the do. There were book tables by small press companies and Waterstones punted their wares. As it was booknight, a lot of attendees snapped up the free books and the competition was about identifying Sheldon's tee-shirts.
It was half way through when it dawned on me that this was the same David Bishop who has written over 40 Phantom stories for the Swedish Phantom comic, nearly all of which have been translated back into English for publication in the Frew Australian editions - and I have a number of them. Great stuff, just a pity I'm so slow.