Collectormania Glasgow

If you know of an upcoming event or you would like to discuss a recent one post here.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

paw broon

Collectormania Glasgow

Post by paw broon »

Collectormania at Braehead shopping centre Arena, 25th and 26th August. If any of you are attending on Sat., I'm always up for a chat and a coffee.
http://www.collectormaniaglasgow.co.uk/

stevezodiac

Re: Collectormania Glasgow

Post by stevezodiac »

What's wrong with tea?

I'm sorry but whenever I'm in a meeting or training and the person conducting it says "We'll break for coffee at eleven" I feel like shouting TEA! I never touch coffee - ghastly stuff. Although I understand yuppies adore it.

Peeve now out of system.

paw broon

Post by paw broon »

Hey, hey! We've mentioned this previously. As a bit of an addict for tea and coffee, I sort of subscribe to the British notion of morning coffee and afternoon tea. This is, of course, completely off-topic but I prefer both tea and coffee as they come - no milk, no sugar. But tea should be weak - watter knocked stupid as my granny used to say - and coffee strong, black, fresh so that the spoon almost stands up in it. And both preferably with chocolate digestives.
Back to Collectormania - despite coffee in the morning, is anyone else going?

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

I'll still be at the wrong end of the country or should that be still in the wrong country! :lol:
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

paw broon

Post by paw broon »

"I'll still be at the wrong end of the country or should that be still in the wrong country! :lol:" colcool007
Contentious? Oh, I don't know but I did have a chuckle. The latter, perhaps but at least you have more, bigger, better marts than up here. I think that's why when we do have a mart, however small or tatty, it gets all us comics fans going. At least Collectormania is in a decent, big venue with a big food court right outside. (Tea and coffee both available) Some of the other marts try hard but they are a bit down-at-heel with very little old material.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

I like the wild west phrase re coffee "Strong enough to float a horseshoe"