MCM; Collectormania; Panopticon, Glasgow

If you know of an upcoming event or you would like to discuss a recent one post here.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Mr McScotty

Re: MCM; Collectormania; Panopticon, Glasgow

Post by Mr McScotty »

Thanks again for the info on the Panopticon event managed to get 3 comics/mags (including a nice copy of "Savage Sword of Conan" 4 with Adams/Kane art for £5) I was after all very reasonable prices plus a few old "House of Mystery", "Witching Hours" and a run of " Seduction of the Innocents" comics with lots of Alex Toth art (reprints) wasn't feeling 00% when I visited so didn't sty too long, but will be back again with my wants list - all my years in Glasgow and I never knew this place existed albeit a small but very atmospheric theatre (looks like its never changed since the early 1900s - all the best to them in restoring it its a worthy casue)

paw broon

Re: MCM; Collectormania; Panopticon, Glasgow

Post by paw broon »

Glad you made it along. We must have at least passed each other. There was such a low turnout for this one, because of the thingy at SECC. Like you, I found some interesting comics, incl. a IW Human Fly #1, which, despite the title, featured a G.A. Blue Beetle tale and a Bronzeman story, among other stuff. And, #s 3 & 4 of the Dell Brain Boy title. Fancied these for a while and Dark Horse have a new version of the comic coming out next month? I think you bought some of your comics from Wee John as he certainly had some of those titles on his table. I'm going out to visit him tomorrow.
The SECC thing was called, among other things, a comicon, on the radio this morning and in The Sunday Herald, which makes me wonder how such a huge event could be so termed when there were only 2 comics dealers in the hall.
Queues were incredibly long and reports from those who got in suggest it was hard to get around. A few of us from the Panopticon mart went out on the train but when we got there a bit before 1p.m. the queue was snaking around a few times and reached back to the Rotunda - getting on for 1/2 a mile?
We didn't stay but returned back to town, had a bite to eat, went back to the Panopticon and passed a pleasant couple of hours chatting to folk, browsing comics and listening for updates from SECC.
Next mart is in Edinburgh, at the Counting House on 28th September.