Royal National Mart

If you know of an upcoming event or you would like to discuss a recent one post here.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

paw broon

Royal National Mart

Post by paw broon »

As we are going to be in London over next weekend, and my wife has galleries to visit, I hope to get the Royal National mart and Comic Empire, as well as getting out to 30th. Century Comics. So if any of you are there and hear a Scottish accent, please say hello in case it's me :D . Now is my list up to date and can I even remember to carry it with me?

Shiner

Re: Royal National Mart

Post by Shiner »

Do catch the Cartoon Museum - a boutique museum in Central London with glorious original comic art on its 1st floor.

paw broon

Post by paw broon »

Thanks Shiner, but there is my better half to take into account and she might baulk at my spending even more time on comics business. Too much stuff, too little time :cry:

Richard S.

Post by Richard S. »

Don't forget that 30th century are now closed on Sunday's
my blog: http://boysadventurecomics.blogspot.co.uk/
facebook: Richard Sheaf
facebook group: Boys adventure comic blog
Twitter: @richardandsheaf
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/BoysAdventureComics/

paw broon

Post by paw broon »

Yes, I had noticed they were closed on Sundays, so it'll have to be Saturday as we have other things arranged.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

If you time your arrival at 30th Century for 10.30 on Saturday, when it opens, Paw, you will be battling for floor space with me and stevezodiac. If you've never been there before, you will soon see why I'm mentioning floor space, and yet it also won't be long before you realise just how much of a Mecca it is for comics enthusiasts.

paw broon

Post by paw broon »

A bit late with a reply. As we were visiting the Courtauld Gallery on sat Morning, I didn't reach 30th. Century Comics till the afternoon and the journey was a bit fraught as the Wimbledon extension was closed for PW works. So I left the underground at Sloan Square and caught a #22, which was held up more and more as we neared Putney. The traffic was the worst I remember experiencing round that way, perhaps because of the extra number of Underground Replacement buses on the road. I got off before the bridge and walked the rest.
This was not my first visit to the shop and, as usual, it was an enjoyable, if wallet shredding, experience. When I eventually left, I was in urgent need of tea and buns!
It's great fun raking through boxes and, more importantly, finding wee gems and issues to fill out runs. The shop is tight but that adds to the charm, don't you think? Especially as the sheer variety and depth of the stock means punters will usually find something of interest.
Sorry I missed you and stevezodiac, although, on balance, did seeing those beautiful wee Seurat delights at the Courtauld sort of make up for missing out on a chat :wink: ?

davidandrewsimpson

Post by davidandrewsimpson »

While 30th Century Comics is indeed tight for floor space, everything is very neatly and tidily arranged, and all stock is fully accessible. I don't know how they manage to cram so much stock into the space, but they do, and my hat's off to them for all the hard work they must put into keeping the stock in immaculate order.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

An important added extra, David, is the methodical way they delete sold stock from their various lists, so that people buying from their online catalogue can be virtually certain that any advertised item there is still in stock.