Falkirk Comic Mart

If you know of an upcoming event or you would like to discuss a recent one post here.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

paw broon

Falkirk Comic Mart

Post by paw broon »

Saturday 7th. November, 9.30 am to 4.30 pm in the old HMV shop in the Howgate.
This wont be a big event but at least someone is trying. Fortunately, it's located 5 minutes from Antonio's and the best coffee in Falkirk, so if you get bored..............
I'll have a wander down and with any luck, might meet folk to chat to.
This on Facebook:-
https://www.facebook.com/events/1724185981133656/

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Re: Falkirk Comic Mart

Post by colcool007 »

Hoping to get down early as I am on a promise... for a sketch! I look forward to seeing some of you guys there.
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

starscape

Post by starscape »

Sounds good to me. Never been to that café either. Any particular time to meet up?
STARSCAPE Comic
http://facebook.com/Starscape-Comic-108831387707862/
comics, cartoons, music & movies

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

We're aiming for around 10 at the earliest, but more likely it will be around 11...

paw broon

Post by paw broon »

I'm waiting to hear from Vince if he can make it through all the way from Edinburgh and, if so, when he'll turn up. I'll have to meet him at Grahamston 'cos he hasn't a scoobie where the Howgate is. :roll: As someone slightly famous once said, "Let me get back to you on that"

paw broon

Post by paw broon »

Right. No word from his Vinceness, so I'll pitch up at the Howgate around 10.30. Hope to see you there.

starscape

Post by starscape »

Went down about 11-ish. Not great. Picked up a 50p Union Jack but few comics there and too modern for me. Called in at Antonio's about 12 but didn't see anyone there. Went to the collectibles shop and got Batman UK monthly 250 with Penguin badge.
STARSCAPE Comic
http://facebook.com/Starscape-Comic-108831387707862/
comics, cartoons, music & movies

paw broon

Post by paw broon »

OOOOPS. We obviously missed each other, perhaps you coming in one door while we went out the other :roll: It was a bit wet around noon so Vince, Colin and his pal and I went to the cafe in the mall.
You're right, very little for you and me but Colin was a sight to behold when he found a box of Commando in the comic shop downstairs.
Wait a minute, we were there from about 10.40 till about 12, and back for a while later on. Sorry we missed you.

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

paw broon wrote:OOOOPS. We obviously missed each other, perhaps you coming in one door while we went out the other :roll: It was a bit wet around noon so Vince, Colin and his pal and I went to the cafe in the mall.
You're right, very little for you and me but Colin was a sight to behold when he found a box of Commando in the comic shop downstairs.
Wait a minute, we were there from about 10.40 till about 12, and back for a while later on. Sorry we missed you.
I wasn't that bad. :lol: It was just so nice to find someone stocking comics that I wanted to buy. I see it so rarely that any time I see it, I am going to be over the moon about it.

You probably saw us Chris as I was the one with the mad hair and my mate was the chap with the hat and walking stick. A very good haul for me and it was wonderful to chat with Paw and Vince. And those French comics were a revelation.