Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Commando Collectors Swapmeet/Fair 
Mr Valeera

A free event is being organised by one of my fellow fans of the picture libraries.

This is at the Harriet Higgins Community Centre, Newcastle under Lyme. So if you have a bucket load of doubles you want to shift, then this could be the event for you.

Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:34 pm
Profile WWW

As that's virtually on my doorstep I might well give it a look. Thanks for the heads-up Colin.

Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:28 am

Sadly too far for me but let's hope this inaugural event goes well so there will be plenty more.

If anyone is interested, there will be other picture libraries and comics available. To be honest, I think any UK comic would be welcome.

Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:36 pm

Just got back from this. I was late arriving as I had to attend another mart in Stoke-on-Trent this morning but the event seems to have been quite a success; so much so that Andy is already hoping to repeat it in about six months time. While I guess it's not going to worry any of the big convention organizers I found it to be a thoroughly pleasant little affair in which all the dealers were genuine enthusiasts of Commando and the various other war Picture Libraries. What's more I also picked up a number of 'proper' comics including a pile of late 1960s Eagles, some earlyish Victors and the rather obscure Jag Football Special - all at bargain prices. :)

Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:06 pm
Mr Valeera

philcom55 wrote:
Just got back from this. I was late arriving as I had to attend another mart in Stoke-on-Trent this morning but the event seems to have been quite a success; so much so that Andy is already hoping to repeat it in about six months time. While I guess it's not going to worry any of the big convention organizers I found it to be a thoroughly pleasant little affair in which all the dealers were genuine enthusiasts of Commando and the various other war Picture Libraries. What's more I also picked up a number of 'proper' comics including a pile of late 1960s Eagles, some earlyish Victors and the rather obscure Jag Football Special - all at bargain prices. :)

Just chatting with Andy now. Sounds like everyone had a great time. I may have to get into gear for a Scottish version.
And see if I can persuade some people local to me to bring some stuff...

Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:41 pm
Profile WWW

I wonder if there's some way of setting up a kind of internet 'conference call' so people can attend and buy/swap stuff without being there in person.

Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:58 pm
Mr Valeera

philcom55 wrote:
I wonder if there's some way of setting up a kind of internet 'conference call' so people can attend and buy/swap stuff without being there in person.

I think it's called Skype. :lol:

Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:25 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]