Artist/strip database

A place for you to offer some suggestions for this website or some constructive criticism

Moderators: Al, AndyB

grumpy old man

Artist/strip database

Post by grumpy old man »

A common theme of many posts is who drew this strip? How about a database listing this info, so when say colcool007 finds out who drew Shiwa Sands it can be updated for future reference. Suggested fields are; Title, Artist, Publication, Date(s)

Peter Gray

Artist/strip database

Post by Peter Gray »

I would like to see this as well........I've done a few websites to show what artist drew what. I would be happy to add my knowledge to the database.

Shaqui

Re: Artist/strip database

Post by Shaqui »

Peter Gray wrote:I've done a few websites to show what artist drew what. I would be happy to add my knowledge to the database.
As would I.

:D

Al
Sir!

Artist/strip database

Post by Al »

Nice idea chaps.

It sounds like this should be a members only area, i.e. the members of the Forum, which will be Comics UK members for the want of a better term. The only little problem I have is that all those member details are stored in a MySQL database and I'm not too conversant with using that one just yet. But I've bought a book :D. Remember, the new Forums are all the PHPBB type, so all that code and database setup routines were all part of the package.

I am really busy at the moment in setting up my own business and am touting around for clients, so whatever 'spare' time I do get will be focused on Comics UK, so please bear with me.

If time rolls on and nothing has been done or mentioned about your request, please give me a nudge.

Thank you