Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
A note on users... 
Author Message
Throgmorton

Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:00 pm
Posts: 2244
Reply with quote
This needs to be made very clear.

There have been many accusations by many people that comicsgalore and yanobandy are the same person.

We are quite aware of the duplicate accounts being used on this forum. There is no evidence that yanobandy and comicsgalore are the same person, and if we are wrong about this, we have the tools that will catch them out.

Yanobandy has been given another chance to prove himself a worthwhile user. Please give him the opportunity to do so - we will not be slow to deal with any personal attacks, pointless posts and other disruption.

We need everyone to stop making disruption even worse by posting in the forum about the posters instead of the points they raise. Do not descend to their level, or Al, Colin and I will have no choice other than to start issuing warnings to established and highly valued users.


Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:35 pm
Profile WWW

Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:15 pm
Posts: 140
Reply with quote
Well said, andy.


Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:41 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:05 pm
Posts: 4275
Location: BLITZVILLE, USA
Reply with quote
As some others have pointed out, a lot of posts are becoming increasingly trivial these days.


For example--------

Fair enough if you create your own strips, guys, but SHOW them or provide a link so we can see if you have 'the goods' or not.

Just talking about them is not that exciting for the rest of us-----it doesn't matter if your stuff is still a bit rough, if you are young and your motives are well-intentioned, we will support you.

Some of you show your stuff with pride--this is not aimed at you!

_________________
Baby Boomer Blog:

http://zoomertoonsrabsmith.blogspot.com/view/magazine


Image


Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us


Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:50 pm
Profile

Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:15 pm
Posts: 140
Reply with quote
Sadly, we dont have a scanner so we cant show it.


Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:55 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:05 am
Posts: 508
Reply with quote
A digital camera would do the quality wouldn't be brilliant but its better than no picture. I have done that before i took a picture with a digital camera and used the image as a background in a flash cartoon. The quality was surprisingly good.


Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:59 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:05 pm
Posts: 4275
Location: BLITZVILLE, USA
Reply with quote
A digital picture would do me-----even if it was only of a good pencil sketch!

_________________
Baby Boomer Blog:

http://zoomertoonsrabsmith.blogspot.com/view/magazine


Image


Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us


Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:01 pm
Profile
Guru

Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:15 pm
Posts: 4794
Reply with quote
yanobandy wrote:
andy
All names, both Christian names and surnames, always start with a CAPITAL letter. Such courtesies in future would be appreciated.


Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:20 pm
Profile

Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:59 am
Posts: 6934
Reply with quote
AndyB wrote:
This needs to be made very clear.

There have been many accusations by many people that comicsgalore and yanobandy are the same person.

We are quite aware of the duplicate accounts being used on this forum. There is no evidence that yanobandy and comicsgalore are the same person, and if we are wrong about this, we have the tools that will catch them out.


How's about this:

""Pea-brain". The life and times of a pea who says everything wrong. He has a friend, Carrot-brain, who is terrified of being eaten by a bunny. Pea-brain winds him up with jokes about hares. This can be seven pictures along one page."
- written by comicsgalore the other day, on a thread titled "Here's a comic strip Harry Rickard might be interested", now deleted by Admin!

"I've moved on, i've created a new strip. Pea-brain and Carrot-brain. It's about the stupidest pea you can see, and his friend, Carrot-brain. Who is afraid of being in a bunny's tummy. " - written by yanobandy today in the thread "Wikipedia- Aargh".

Other similarities include identical writing styles, posting techniques, and likes/dislikes.

AndyB wrote:
Do not descend to their level, or Al, Colin and I will have no choice other than to start issuing warnings to established and highly valued users.


If he wants to use two accounts that's up to him I guess, and no harm done other than, unfortunately, embarrassing Admin, but don't shoot the messengers for pointing out the bloomin' obvious. I'll say no more. :coat:

_________________
The blog of British comics: http://lewstringer.blogspot.com
My website: http://www.lewstringer.com
Blog about my own work: http://lewstringercomics.blogspot.com/


Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:14 am
Profile WWW
Guru

Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:15 pm
Posts: 4794
Reply with quote
Lew Stringer wrote:
How's about this:

""Pea-brain". The life and times of a pea who says everything wrong. He has a friend, Carrot-brain, who is terrified of being eaten by a bunny. Pea-brain winds him up with jokes about hares. This can be seven pictures along one page."
- written by comicsgalore the other day, on a thread titled "Here's a comic strip Harry Rickard might be interested", now deleted by Admin!

"I've moved on, i've created a new strip. Pea-brain and Carrot-brain. It's about the stupidest pea you can see, and his friend, Carrot-brain. Who is afraid of being in a bunny's tummy. " - written by yanobandy today in the thread "Wikipedia- Aargh".

Other similarities include identical writing styles, posting techniques, and likes/dislikes.
I've been wondering all evening why I couldn't find that post. I thought my mind was playing tricks on me. I cannot believe that the administrators would have removed such a key post, one that justifies the belief of so many members, one that actually proves as near as dammit that yanobandy and comicsgalore are one and the same. Even if they are not, that post should never have been removed. We are not living in a totalitarian state. Whoever made that decision should fess up, and then step down, unless there are some extremely persuasive mitigating circumstances.


Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:35 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:43 am
Posts: 7219
Location: Hull, UK
Reply with quote
Well that's all the proof we need. Yanobandy/Comicsgalore is also Beandand on Wikipedia by the way. His edits there aren't exactly constructive either.

By the way, I sent Harry (WizzKid97) a copy of that deleted thread in the form of quotes before it was removed. I assume the admins saved a copy, but I can forward it if need be.

_________________
Beano and Dandy Comic Libraries and Fun-Sizes list
Last update: 2 March 2017


Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:16 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:05 am
Posts: 508
Reply with quote
I think Yanobandy is flavourbeans on wikipedia at the moment. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Flavourbeans/Pea-brain_and_Carrot-brain


Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:14 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:43 am
Posts: 7219
Location: Hull, UK
Reply with quote
Not any more. Blocked, and so is Beandand.

_________________
Beano and Dandy Comic Libraries and Fun-Sizes list
Last update: 2 March 2017


Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:45 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:46 am
Posts: 84
Reply with quote
Digifiend wrote:
Well that's all the proof we need. Yanobandy/Comicsgalore is also Beandand on Wikipedia by the way. His edits there aren't exactly constructive either.

By the way, I sent Harry (WizzKid97) a copy of that deleted thread in the form of quotes before it was removed. I assume the admins saved a copy, but I can forward it if need be.


Yeah, I'd like to see that too. Please, thanks, you're welcome.

_________________
The weather is windy.


Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:36 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:43 am
Posts: 7219
Location: Hull, UK
Reply with quote
Check your PMs. Sorry for the delay, my internet router's AC adaptor isn't working well (the wire's damaged). It's taped together right now, I'm having trouble finding a replacement - Wilkinson was sold out and Currys, for some strange reason, don't sell universal AC adaptors. That's why I've not been on here for the last couple of days.

_________________
Beano and Dandy Comic Libraries and Fun-Sizes list
Last update: 2 March 2017


Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:21 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 2:17 pm
Posts: 1079
Reply with quote
I thought it had gone quiet on here, Digi - now we know why. :wink:

Good luck with fixing your adaptor, it is annoying when that kind of thing happens.

_________________
'Michael Owen isn't the tallest of players, but his height more than makes up for it' - Mark Lawrenson


Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:55 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software.