"Problem loading page"

A place for you to offer some suggestions for this website or some constructive criticism

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Marionette

"Problem loading page"

Post by Marionette »

I've been getting "The connection was reset" page almost every time I click on a page for a couple of days now. I hit the "Try again" button and it goes to the required page.

Since this is not happening with any other site, I thought I'd mention it.
The Tammy Project: Documenting the classic British girls' comic, one serial at a time.

Al
Sir!

Re: "Problem loading page"

Post by Al »

It seems that a lot of people receive this message when using the Firefox browser. What browser are you using Marionette?

I found these links that may help out http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/767877 and https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/958122.

It could be a cache problem or it could be one of the browser's extensions causing the problem.

Al

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Al wrote:It seems that a lot of people receive this message when using the Firefox browser.
For comparison purposes, Al, I use Mozilla Firefox but I am not experiencing these problems. It is a bit slower than usual, though.

blaing

Post by blaing »

Same for me, and I'm using Google Chrome. :?

Marionette

Post by Marionette »

I am using Firefox. Thanks for the links. I've cleared the cache and it has improved things slightly, in that I'm now getting the problem every other page instead of every page.
The Tammy Project: Documenting the classic British girls' comic, one serial at a time.

Al
Sir!

Post by Al »

Marionette,

Can you attached a (readable) screenshot with the problem on it please? Do you have other browsers installed on your machine? If so, are you experiencing the same problems with them?

It may be a hosting problem or a compatibility issue with a browser's extension (if you have any).

Apart from adding a few images to the website, no code has been touched for quite a while now.

Al

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

I've just been able to get on this site for the first time since I tried at midnight Friday evening.

Raven

Post by Raven »

First time in two days for me, too.

Marionette

Post by Marionette »

I found I was getting the same problem at another site too, so I looked into possible fixes and this one seems to have improved the situation, if not entirely resolved it.
Connection reset fix
1. goto firefox
2. click tools
3. click options
4. click advanced
5. click network
6. click settings
7. click auto detect proxy settings for this network
8. delete all caches