Private Messages Indicator not working...

A place for you to offer some suggestions for this website or some constructive criticism

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Shaqui

Post by Shaqui »

I've noticed, though it was working originally, that the Private Messages' indicator (the number next to it) does not seem to be working. It used to be I would get a pop-up telling me I had a new message, or the number would change from zero to 1 or 2 (depending on how many I had). It was only because I wanted to check an old PM I found I had some waiting...

Is there a problem with this, or have I inadvertantly changed a setting or something?

:oops:

Al
Sir!

Post by Al »

mmmmmm. Your settings appear to be correct, so you haven't inadvertantly altered something.

It's always a tad annoying using other people's code (i.e. PHPBB) when a problem like this comes along. I've had a look at it and adjusted what I think may be the errorroneous part. Fingers crossed.

I tested sending a PM from Old Forum Fella (which is me) to Al.

Al received a pop-up and a number appeared adjacent to Private Messages and I was able to read the message. I then sent Old Forum Fella a PM from Al, and he also received a pop-up and a number appearing to Private Messages.

So hopefully the problem has been eradicated. Please PM me if it appears to be working for you. I have also sent you an Email regarding this problem.

Shaqui

Post by Shaqui »

I think my PM indicator isn't working again - don't know what's going wrong but I've only discovered I've got messages on the site by going into the PM area.

Email messaging seems to be working but here at the forum, it isn't...

:(

Captain Storm

Post by Captain Storm »

Shaqui,just a thought,but maybe,obviously depending on the amount of PM traffic you are generating,and taking into account the % limit on accounts,much like the junkmail filter in Hotmail,which when it reaches its 2 mb limit and starts preventing real mail from coming through,perhaps this is what is happening...phew!What I do,is transfer some of my important msgs to my savebox folder.Maybe this will help?

Shaqui

Re: Private Messages Indicator not working...

Post by Shaqui »

Captain Storm wrote:Shaqui,just a thought,but maybe,obviously depending on the amount of PM traffic you are generating,and taking into account the % limit on accounts,much like the junkmail filter in Hotmail,which when it reaches its 2 mb limit and starts preventing real mail from coming through,perhaps this is what is happening...phew!
To be honest, not a great deal - only about 35% at the moment. I thought Al had fixed it as it worked for a period but I was sent a few PMs recently and wasn't aware until I checked the email that alerts me.

:(