Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Submitting comics to the gallery 

Not sure if this is the place to ask this question... But is there a way of submitting scans to the main website's gallery of comics that aren't mentioned there? I've got at least a dozen that aren't listed in that massive index!

Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:10 pm
Sir!

You can send them to me via the Loading Bay section http://comicsuk.co.uk/loadingbay.php and I can upload them for you.

The Gallery section originally started as a way to display just 'key' issues like first and last issues etc, but it has diversified since then. It does take a little while to upload each scan, so I'd rather there wasn't loads to add :) and, unfortunately, I haven't got time to build new sections at the moment.

Al

Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:02 am

Cheers Al, I'll take a look through what I have sometime this week and get them over to you :)

Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:18 pm

Well, had a look through the list this morning, and I've got (at least!) 57 titles that aren't currently listed. Whoops!

This may take longer than I thought :)

Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:13 pm

I sent four comic images to the loading bay yesterday and the first two I have looked at seem too large. Shall I resubmit them in smaller form or can it be sorted? It looks like they have only just been uploaded so maybe there are still tweaks ongoing.

Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:28 pm
Sir!

Tweaks have been made :D

The code used to control the Gallery was my first ever attempt at doing this sort of thing with PHP and jQuery and it is quite 'flimsy'.

Comics UK V3 will be much better(er).

Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:32 pm

Just looked at my Bad Boys Paper and Boys Herald and they are still very large images and just after they appear the a-z list appears over the top of the cover image obscuring it - maybe i'm just using a bad version to view it all. The Pluck I sent at the same time is ok though. Boys of the Empire hasn't appeared but you probably have enough of them.

Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:23 pm
Sir!

Steve,

It sounds like you need to refresh the cache within your browser.

I don't know which browser you are using, but a combination of the ctrl and 'R' key, or the ctrl and F5, or ctrl + shift + 'R' keys should do the trick in most cases.

Al

Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:03 pm

What on earth is a browser? Also what is a cache? I'm serious. All this jargon is above me.

Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:14 pm

Browser = Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari. The software you're using to read this forum, basically.
Cache - read this: http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser's-Cache

Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:50 pm
Profile WWW

Sometimes a cover image I have sent to the gallery has never appeared with no explanation given. Would it not be polite to e-mail the member and just say sorry we couldn't use your image?

Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:10 pm
Guru

stevezodiac wrote:
Sometimes a cover image I have sent to the gallery has never appeared with no explanation given. Would it not be polite to e-mail the member and just say sorry we couldn't use your image?
Courtesy costs nothing.

Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:53 pm
Sir!

Steve,

Apologies that I didn't email you to let you know that I wasn't going to use your image in the Gallery. I will do so in the future should the need arise.

Phoenix,

I will reiterate your message to any member that is discourteous to other members in the future.

Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:33 pm
Guru

Al wrote:
Phoenix,
I will reiterate your message to any member that is discourteous to other members in the future.
No friendly smilie? Well that means I am forced to interpret the above comment as thinly disguised criticism. And there I was, letting sleeping dogs lie!

Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:55 pm
Sir!

Quote:
Well that means I am forced to interpret the above comment as thinly disguised criticism.

If the cap fits.

Quote:
And there I was, letting sleeping dogs lie!

No you wasn't.

Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next