Beano Football

Discuss or comment on anything relating to D.C.Thomson's second longest running comic. The home of Dennis the Menace. Has been running since 1938.

Moderator: AndyB

Phoenix
Guru

Beano Football

Post by Phoenix »

Here's just the item for the Christmas stocking of every Beano fanatic who thought he already had everything - a leather football covered with vintage Beano magazine designs. I've just seen it in the John Lewis Christmas catalogue that was included with my copy of The Guardian this morning. Just put the word out in appropriate areas and you will surely receive this must have item from some Santa or other. Its catalogue number is 771 23209 and the cost to your giftie giver will be £24.95 plus, no doubt, some p&p. It is also possible to order on line at johnlewis.com or by phone at 0845 604 9049. There is also a click and collect service but there would need to be a branch near your home town. This would clearly not suit everybody. Digi. for example, would need to tap relatives and friends near Sheffield or Manchester's Trafford Centre. The scanned item is probably the copyright of DC Thomson.
Attachments
beanoball.jpg

stevezodiac

Re: Beano Football

Post by stevezodiac »

I saw the same catalogue only it was in my copy of the Daily Telegraph. I considered scanning it here but don't have to bother now.

Jay

Post by Jay »

That's either the best thing or the worst thing I've ever seen.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

John Lewis was actually supposed to be opening a branch in Hull, at the Quay West extension to the Princes Quay Shopping Centre. Unfortunately, they pulled out as a result of the recession, and now the Quay West development has just been cancelled. :(

Lew Stringer

Post by Lew Stringer »

Jay wrote:That's either the best thing or the worst thing I've ever seen.
An ideal Christmas present for bitter trolls to give comics a good kicking to the back of the net instead of boring everyone on the inter-net! Chortle! :lol:

:coat:

steelclaw
DC Skelton

Post by steelclaw »

It's for sale on Amazon £24.99 free p&p.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Lew Stringer wrote:An ideal Christmas present for bitter trolls to give comics a good kicking to the back of the net instead of boring everyone on the inter-net! Chortle! :lol:
I don't know whether anyone else has noticed but I have recently discerned a general drift towards levity and indeed humour in Lew's posts, which to my way of thinking is a welcome trend. Anybody disagree? :D

Steve Henderson

Post by Steve Henderson »

I love The Beano but I hate football. This is the ultimate mind f***