New format

Discuss or comment on anything relating to D.C.Thomson's second longest running comic. The home of Dennis the Menace. Has been running since 1938.

Moderator: AndyB

Jay

Re: New format

Post by Jay »

Peter Gray wrote:The only problem is the numbskulls its a bit harder to see the middle bit of the story when it flow over the two pages
Very true. Now with the glued spine would the artists be instructed or advised to leave a bit of a gap in the middle like this weeks Bash Street?

Jonny Whizz

Post by Jonny Whizz »

I did notice that this week's Numskulls strip had a new title panel (they'd been using the previous one since 2003). This could be a precursor of a format change for the strip, like they've done with the Bash Street Kids, as the old panel wouldn't have been very good for doing two seperate pages rather than a strip running across both pages (not very well expressed, but if you read the Beano you should know what I mean), as it took up a lot of space going down the page. The new Numskulls title panel is a bit more compact.
'Michael Owen isn't the tallest of players, but his height more than makes up for it' - Mark Lawrenson

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Of course, the original Numskulls title panel from 1993 was spread across both pages.

steve3po

Post by steve3po »

I thought this weeks issue was really good, Minnie, Dennis and The Numbskulls in particular were great.

I've been reading the Beano to my five year old son who absolutely loves it! His favourite strip by a mile is... The Numbskulls!

steven

Post by steven »

Noticed that Meebo and Zuky arn't there either. Have they ended?

AndyB
Throgmorton

Post by AndyB »

Not everything is in the Beano every week - there's a certain amount of rotation with Beano Manga, Meebo and Zuky, Ivy, Ball Boy, Super School, Freddie Fear etc. I wouldn't be too worried!

I'd have to look up a less recent Beano, but I've a notion that Numskulls had a little resizing done.

Classic Comics

Post by Classic Comics »

Meebo & Zuky haven't been dropped. There's a gentle little tale of their Christmas in this week's Chrisrmas Beano - and I think it's in the online teaser so you can read it online as well.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Yes it is, along with Ratz and The Numskulls.