THE NEW ADVENTURES OF BILLY THE CAT!

Discuss or comment on anything relating to D.C.Thomson's second longest running comic. The home of Dennis the Menace. Has been running since 1938.

Moderator: AndyB

Old Forum Fella

Post by Old Forum Fella »

So... who's got the new Beano featuring Billy The Cat? Excellent stuff! Both old skool and pretty up to date at the same time (artwise especially). I thoroughly enjoyable read, though it was weird seeing him in colour. My local newsagents sold out of their Beano's today (I got the last one) when usually there would be 4 or 5 left. A good sign perhaps?? Alan!

Originally posted by Wrighty47 on the old forum on Wrighty47

Old Forum Fella

Wheres Katey? It certainly good fun! Billy the cat/ William Granger is a very good acrobat...who needs to be bitten (Spider-man..Leopard from Lime street)....Batman and Billy the cat there are similarities......!! Peter Gray

Originally posted by Peter Gray on the old forum on 10/10/2003

Old Forum Fella

U leave off the Leopard from Lime Street (in case that falls flat, Starscape is reprinting him next month).

Katie didn't appear for a few years originally so perhaps we'll have to wait. Mind you it would be great!

Chris

Originally posted by Superherostore.co.uk on the old forum on 10/10/2003

Old Forum Fella

Its good to see Billy back & The Beano brave enough to give him a run in the weekly. He looks even better in The Beano Annual. Long may it continue.

Originally posted by Azteccomics on the old forum on 10/10/2003

Old Forum Fella

I like Leopard of Lime Street...(I just was making a joke!!) I like the fact he was different to Spider-man because he became more like a Leopard...Eating raw food...fangs...etc.. Theres space for two very different superheros...I wonder what the origin of Billy the cat was??? Leopard of lime street is a very exciting...hard hitting strip.....Billy the cat is more graceful...I like them both!! Peter Gray

Originally posted by Peter Gray on the old forum on 11/10/2003

Old Forum Fella

I was only kidding Peter.

What I like about the Beast of Selbridge (i.e. the Leopard) is, like Spider-Man was with New York, Billy definately came from our streets. Farmer's life - his school, his aunt and uncle, his friends - wasn't too dis-similar from our own. Not just a Spidey clone!

Originally posted by Superherostore.co.uk on the old forum on 11/10/2003