COMIC IDLE

Discuss or comment on anything relating to D.C.Thomson's second longest running comic. The home of Dennis the Menace. Has been running since 1938.

Moderator: AndyB

Old Forum Fella

COMIC IDLE

Post by Old Forum Fella »

Has any1 seen the comic idol thing in the Beano wot does anyone think?

Originally posted by Lucy34 on the old forum on 13/01/2004

Old Forum Fella

COMIC IDLE

The Beano does this once a year on average, trying out a few new strips and letting the readers decide which should be regulars. This year it's cashing in on pop idol! Personally, I like the Dino one, nicely drawn, but wasn't there a strip called Dean's Dino about 5 years ago in the Beano? Wasn't drawn by this artist, though, I think it was by the late John (BananaMan) Geering.

Originally posted by Anonymous on the old forum on 18/01/2004

Old Forum Fella

COMIC IDLE

Dean's Dino is fresh and fun! The best!! Peter Gray

Originally posted by Peter Gray on the old forum on 18/01/2004

Old Forum Fella

COMIC IDLE

Interested to hear the views on our Comic Idol feature. John Geering was indeed producing a version of the story around the time that he died. Geoff Waterhouse's interpretation is beautifully drawn but is perhaps too cute for our readers' tastes. We've had a huge response to the voteline with over 5000 calls. It's a close run thing between Joe Jitsu and Colin the Vet. Euan Kerr - Editor

Originally posted by Anonymous on the old forum on 28/01/2004

Old Forum Fella

COMIC IDLE

To be honest they have all been good!! No wonder the voting has been so close.....maybe Magic comic should come back so Geoff Waterhouse (my fav artist is J.W. Waterhouse!) can do his stuff for a younger audience!!
The art style of Dean's Dino reminds me of Mitch...Animalad, 3d Specs, Paperboy!! I wonder if the artists are voting...family...friends...etc....more work and money!!!!(just a tease!) It also reminds me how tough it is to break into a comic lke The Beano.....I tried with Weird Will..it is a very tough business...Peter Gray I hate cold reject letters!!!

Originally posted by Peter Gray on the old forum on 04/02/2004

Old Forum Fella

COMIC IDLE

Colin the Vet was great. Like the artist!!!

Originally posted by Ricky on the old forum on 07/02/2004