Beano to get CGI revamp for YouTube generation

Discuss or comment on anything relating to D.C.Thomson's second longest running comic. The home of Dennis the Menace. Has been running since 1938.

Moderator: AndyB

Digifiend

Re: Beano to get CGI revamp for YouTube generation

Post by Digifiend »

big bad bri wrote:mine arrived today and im wondering if maybe an unofficial merge with beano max/epic magazine as inside an advert for latest epic mag has no sign of dennis and gnasher logo on cover
Epic hasn't had Dennis and Gnasher's on the masthead for a few months.
AndyB wrote:
Peter Gray wrote:The logo is a bit like this on the annual.. round lettering no straights..
Peter, do you have a copy of the real thing?
Sounds like a completely new logo - all the logos since 1971 have been based on the same basic shape, it'll only be the Beano's 4th drastically different logo in it's history.

Peter Gray

Post by Peter Gray »

I didn't buy it..maybe take a photo next time in WHSmiths next time..it might not be the new weekly Beano logo

Ellis

Post by Ellis »

Did you manage to have a flick through the annual? If so apart from The logo, is there anything different about its contents?

Peter Gray

Post by Peter Gray »

nothing different...

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

It really does seem odd that they sacrificed eight weeks of sales just to update the logo on the cover. It wouldn't have been the first annual to have an outdated logo before Christmas. The 2010 Dandy logo was never used on the annual covers at all.

Peter Gray

Post by Peter Gray »

That is really strange..its like a wiki gone wrong!!!!

Gilly

Post by Gilly »

Very random and kind of adds a creepy dimension to a strip in one of the Dennis annuals that showed Minnie and Dennis as married with children in a possible future. :lol:

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

That would be the 1980s versions, if you think about it. Modern Minnie's Dad would be the cousin of 80s Minnie, who is modern Dennis's Mum. That would explain why the modern Dennis and Minnie are cousins, as well as why Dennis's Mum now has ginger hair instead of blonde (80s Dennis's Mum is modern Gran).

And there's nothing creepy about it even if it was the current versions of the characters, because cousins marrying isn't illegal.

Gilly

Post by Gilly »

I know and good point, what I said was tounge in cheek not serious. :)

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Saw the annual in the Hull Kingswood branch of WHSmith (went there to pick up Doctor Who's Magazine and Comic, new issues of which were both released yesterday)... and I do like the logo. I was dismayed to see that Annual 2017 hadn't been moved below it though.

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

Digifiend wrote:Saw the annual in the Hull Kingswood branch of WHSmith (went there to pick up Doctor Who's Magazine and Comic, new issues of which were both released yesterday)... and I do like the logo. I was dismayed to see that Annual 2017 hadn't been moved below it though.
did u take a pic on yer phone o put up here

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

My phone is a really old one with no camera, sorry. Besides, DCT would just ask for it to be taken down.

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

Digifiend wrote:My phone is a really old one with no camera, sorry. Besides, DCT would just ask for it to be taken down.
not if you put it in covers gallery :lol:

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Have you seen that lately? 2016 annual isn't there, let alone the new one. And Al has to add them, they don't magically appear as soon as you submit them.